ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring sub

alright i have a vibe active 12inch sub in the boot but i cant wire it. Where does the remote cable go...back of the head unit?or one of the others doesnt seem to fit any!

also how can i get the battery red cable through from the engine bay to the cabin!!!!!

its a pioneer 7400 mp3 player

thanks.

I pressume you have amp?(is this is what is meant by "active" or is this the brand?)

Very hard to get the cable through but have you tried the engine pop hole. take the gromet out their could be space.

The remote wire is designed to tell your amp when the headunit is switched on/off and normally connects to the blue wire at the back of the headubit.

P.S if you dont have a sub seek more advice

thanks mate i will try 2morrow. im a bit stupid so where on earth is the engine pop hole?

i found the blue /white remote wire at the back of the head unit but the fitting on the end of my remote wire for the sub just doesnt seem to fit ?

any ideas is my remote wire wrong?

You will need to take the terminals off both the head units white and blue remote wire and your amps remote wire, then either solder together or put like connectors on so you can clip them together.

P.S. 1.6 16v... Active means that the sub has a built in amplifier :)

Had a feeling thats what active meant. Thanks nfbr

A bit of electrical tape would suffice for the joining too and would mean no cutting which is good for resale

If your clio is a Phase 1/Phase 2 there is a rubber grommet about 6 inches under the coolant expansion tank which has a cable running through it - you can use this to bring the red battery cable into the cabin. The cable will come through another grommet above the passenger side footwell inside the cabin. I pushed a knitting needle through the grommet inside the cabin and it popped out of the grommet in the engine bay and i had my hole. For the black ground cable i used a rear seat belt securing bolt - make sure you sandpaper away the paint around the bolt so there is bare metal. Check your head units manual to locate the remote wire or the electric aerial wire and connect it to the remote cable.

moo ha ha...moo ha ha...moo ha ha...:devilish:

Using PVC tape would be ok but i wouldnt recomend it as it can be unreliable. Its too easy to pull apart.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Your best bet would be to use something like a bullet connector to connect your remote wire to the Head Unit. It only carries a very small amount of current so it doesnt need a great connection.

Rick

alright folks. i found the pop hole u were talkin bout. later found out however that there was a fault in my brand new vibe active sub amp. ended up sending it back replacement on the way and i just paid 3o quid to have a proper wire up job so everythins there ready to plug in when it arrives. NIGHTMARE cheers anyway!

Ross