ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring gremlin I think!!! Help needed

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
So I recently did a ph2 dash conversion in my ph1. Everything is wired up fine and working correctly at the expense of the skin on my fingers!

Thing is. My clock/temperature unit isn't illuminated. It works but isn't illuminated. I've checked all the fuses, changed the bulbs and checked the dimmer switch multiple times. Stripped the dash back down to check all the wiring and I think it's beaten me!

Is there anything I'm overlooking here?

Thanks

Jordan

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd check the bulbs unless it's the later 182 type unit which has SMD LED's on the PCB. It should illuminate at key/radio on regardless and then the intensity dips when the lighting circuit is active (and then becomes controlled by the interior level resistor)

Mick

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Thanks for the reply mick.

Yeah I put two new bulbs in. They aren't the LED type so I had a few spare. Yeah this is what I thought. The unit has power because it works perfectly it just doesn't illuminate.

Everything else works perfectly on the dash it's just this!

Jordan

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Have you checked the PCB tracks to see if they have voltage/earth when turned on?