ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring front comps

Okay... so i thought i could run the speaker cable through the rubber connector between the door and chassis... but its a big plastic plug, so cant run seperate cables through there.

So how do i get new speaker cable through to the doors?

Thanks.

Da

Less
drill new holes, fit grommets etc then leave a loop of cable in the door opening and tape the cables up tightly.

1.6 16v
what i did was dill holes in the conecter just big enough to get the wire through. then feed the wire through the rubber snake and ur sorted. it took a while to do though lol

You now can see any cables in the door opening just the rubber snake which is meant to be there.

S Garbett said:
what i did was dill holes in the conecter just big enough to get the wire through. then feed the wire through the rubber snake and ur sorted. it took a while to do though lol

You now can see any cables in the door opening just the rubber snake which is meant to be there.

you drilled holes in the electrical connector?

i thought of this, but there's wires running through there! lol.

1.6 16v
Yeah i know about the wires i took it all to bits as best i could and drilled rite at the egde. It worked though and u dont have any shitty wires showing where the door opens.

cool, thanks for that.

I was wondering if there was space for the cables at the edge of the connector.

clio si dti
take the connector apart by sliding clip upwards i think then pull apart drill small hole through both sides at bottom of plug feed wire through job done.

i think the plug on the post is screwed in with a t25 bit but cant remember

hope it helps

lol i tried this and it destroyed my plug, so i wouldnt recomend it unless your useing really thin cable and in which case you would be better off tapping in to the oem cable.

Clio 182
msa182 said:
Easier to use the original speaker wire that runs through the door.

Totally agree with this approach, you can splice into the original wires inside the footwell rather than butchering your door.

1.6 16v
NO its fine using think cable i have done it and its worked fine.

take the connector apart by sliding clip upwards. then pull apart the conector front both sides. Now drill small hole through both sides at bottom of plug. the one nearest the car i think that you have to drill from inside the car to the outside because you cant get the drill in. and you might need to undo the conecter using a alen key to give it more room.

Then feed the wire through both sides and the rubber snake. Conect one end to speaker and the other headunit or amp lol.

Its a quite time consuming job lol

Gud Luck Dude

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
If you're running wire from an amp can you just snip the wire coming from the HU in the footwell, and connect the speaker wire from your amp to the original wires going through the door? What would you connect them up with, bullet connectors?

The Bear said:
If you're running wire from an amp can you just snip the wire coming from the HU in the footwell, and connect the speaker wire from your amp to the original wires going through the door? What would you connect them up with, bullet connectors?

Haha, thats exactly what ive just done!!

wow, its as if you knew! :S

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Yeah spooky....

I take it you couldn't be arsed drilling and running new wire then!

Where did you put the tweeters btw? I'm gonna take the door cards off and put them at the top nearest the wing mirror (When I can actually be arsed to get out and do it!)

I put the tweeters in the original location.

its suprising how SHITE the standard ones are... you only notice after changing them!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
wireplug1.jpg
wireplug2.jpg

This is what you need to do ideally to get the cable through the doors. These pics are from a mk1 but I used exactly the same principle on my 172. Its a b*****d of a job.

Dan Page said:
so whats the best way for me to do it then? please help :)

Dan, disconnect and unscrew the grommet that goes through to the door (2 torx screws). Then pull the block out towards the inside of the car.

You will see a block with 3 rows of wires. The wires in the centre row right at the bottom are the speaker wires.

block.gif
dotted in red are the speaker wires. You wont have the 2 holes as shown above, its been modded, But the wires are in the centre at the curved end, shown in red here.

Cut these wires in a place that lets you access them... then crimp a Bullet connector onto them. Then run the speaker cable from your amp and connect it directly to the bullet connectors (using opposite connectors).

This will mean that if you take the amp out at a later date, you can just re-connect the standard cable that you cut, again using bullet connectors.

Hope this helps.

Clio 182
If you haven't got the connector hooked up to the head unit,
then you don't need to snip the wire in the footwell,
just splice it, that way you can put it back to stock when you sell the car.