ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wiring diagram

Abarth 500
does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for my radio from a mrk2 172 ff, i need to wire my hands free kit in to it, ta

Below are the lists of the connections for the four connectors on the back of the stereo unit.

Black connector (A)
Track 1 Speed signal
Track 2 Not used
Track 3 Voice synthesiser signal (ie mute)
Track 4 Battery supply
Track 5 Aerial amplifier supply
Track 6 Light supply
Track 7 Accessories supply
Track 8 Earth

Brown connection (C)
Track 1 + rear right speakerl
Track 2 - rear right speaker
Track 3 + rear right speakerl
Track 4 - rear right speaker
Track 5 + front left speaker
Track 6 - front left speaker
Track 7 + front left speaker
Track 8 - front left speaker

The CD changer (depends on mode if this is fitted Mk 2 pahse 1 172's should have it as standard but many others had it added from new)

Track 13 on the changer goes to track 2 on the radio
Track 14 on the changer goes to track 3 on the radio
Track 15 on the changer goes to track 1 and 10 on the radio
Track 16 on the changer goes to track 5 on the radio
Track 17 on the changer goes to track 7 on the radio
Track 18 on the changer goes to track 6 on the radio
Tracks 19 and 20 on the changer goes to tracks 4 and 8 on the radio

Yellow connector (B) The wiring for this goes to the remote by the stearing wheel. The remote is fed from a plug in on the underside of the remote control. For information on the plug outs from the remote to the display see part of the post

Track 1 Display connection (track 13 on the display) or if no display present its connected to the remote
Track 2 Display connection (track 14 on the display) or if no display present its connected to the remote
Track 3 Display connection (track 15 on the display) or if no display present its connected to the remote
Track 4 Not used for display. Its used for the remote if no display present.
Track 5 Earth shielding (track 12) or if no display present its connect to the remote
Track 6 Display connection (track 11) or if no display present its connect to the remote

Plug out connectors from the remote control

Track A1 Track 14 on the remote control
Track A2
Track A3
Track B1
Track B2
Track B3

Plug outs from the radio display

15 track grey connector

Track 1 External temperature
Track 2 External temperature
Track 3 Not used
Track 4 Not used
Track 5 Earth
Track 6 Lighting
Track 7 Light supply
Track 8 + supply from accessories
Track 9 + supply from battery
Track 10 External temperature output
Track 11 Earth (radio track 6)
Track 12 Radio on signal (radio track 5)
Track 13 Radio connection (track 1)
Track 14 Radio connection (track 5)
Track 15 Radio connection (track 3)

15 track grey connector

Track 1 Not used
Track 2 Not used
Track 3 Not used
Track 4 Not used
Track 5 Not used
Track 6 Not used
Track 7 Not used
Track 8 Not used
Track 9 Radio control connection (track B1)
Track 10 Radio control connection (track A3)
Track 11 Radio control connection (track B2)
Track 12 Radio control connection (track B3)
Track 13 Radio control connection (track A2)
Track 14 Radio control connection (track A1)
Track 15 Not used

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
nice work, can anyone make a circut to display writing on the display, mmm, u know when u change the stereo, and loose the display by the clock, can someone make a circuit board that we can program to send some other words to that screen, so i want mine to say alpine,

nice work, can anyone make a circut to display writing on the display, mmm, u know when u change the stereo, and loose the display by the clock, can someone make a circuit board that we can program to send some other words to that screen, so i want mine to say alpine,

Mapline sell a kit like this I belive.

Its not difficult to make a circuit to say tings though.

u can get connectors, normally £5 but they blow alot of the time, wouldnt bother matey,

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i will check maplins, i didnt' think of it, but its a plan :) i could get it to scroll renault sport or something

Abarth 500
just gotta figure out which one is the ignition so i make the kit come on when i turn the ignition on......

i guess the Track 3 Voice synthesiser signal (ie mute) is the one to plug into to get it to mute when a phone call comes thru?

Polo + Micra

i've thought about this to. but i wanted mine to display the batt voltage

BMW M135i

Alpine do an adapter that allows you to retain the display/controls and the display still shows things like radio station name and track name etc. Just fitted one this afternoon, is nice to have the screen back. Also the incartec one just shows Alpine on the screen all the time.

Abarth 500
can anyone tell me which pin i need to go into to get the kit to turn on with the ignition? i need the wire that turns the radio on with the ignition..ta

this any use to you?

1100370946__iso.gif

Abarth 500
hmm that block dont match up to mine......s**t......i got the info from the post from edde but are the pins numbered so i can match them up?

hmm that block dont match up to mine......s**t......i got the info from the post from edde but are the pins numbered so i can match them up?

Look carefully and you should be able to see the pins otherwsie I'll have a look at what cloure each wire is.

Abarth 500
ok bit confused now as everything seems different lol, heres a pic i took...

any ideas which ones are the mute and the ignition? ta

DSC00192.jpg

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ignition is yellow normally i think :) go to b&q, maplins, wereever and buy a cheap 12v volt tester,can get one for under a tenner. hold one end on the black (ground) and the other on yellow with ur ignition off, if no power switch ignition on...if you then have power theres ur ignition live, if its perm live then try red :)

Abarth 500
cheers....will have to buy one if no ones sure....i sure the yellow one is ignotion aswell, just gotta work out with is the mute :S

Salmon for the mute.

The pins are orderd as per your drawin

8 6 4 2
7 5 3 1

Hence why there no wire in 2 as per my top post
Plus the other pins are all numbered as i can see per your picture.

As for the after ignition thats the yellow line.
Red as per most Renault wiring signifies before ignition

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
8 6 4 2
7 5 3 1

1 Vehicle speed signal
2 not used
3 mute
4 Battery supply
5 Aerial amplifier supply
6 Panel lights
7 Accessories suppy
8 Earth

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Very small flat blade screwdriver, push the yellow plastic lock strip out and just pull the pins...

Abarth 500
nice one thanks, will give it a go.....im sure my battery connection is dodgy aswell though....whats the best method?

Abarth 500
Very small flat blade screwdriver, push the yellow plastic lock strip out and just pull the pins...

just pull? does it take some force? as i pulled the yellow plastic lock strip out and wires are stuck in tight....do i just need more force or need to somthing else?

Polo + Micra
i think you'll find that on the pin there is a metal tab that stops the pins from being pulled out

you need to push this down then pull it out

Attachments

• isoplug.JPG
    isoplug.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
  Abarth 500
cheers but my plug is different to that...mine is the female of thtat i think, as the pins split at the bottom..

Polo + Micra
yeah it was just to show the little tab thats probably on the pins

as that was the only iso plug i had to hand lol

Abarth 500
brill, i just wired the wire into the ignition and the the fuking stero doesnt go off when i turn the ignition off??? i have fucked the ignition cable up i think, coz no power come thru to it now.....might have to cut it and put some insulation tape around it

Audi TT 3.2 V6
what is it your trying to do? just fit an aftermarket headunit?

try swapping the red and yellow wires :) dont worry...whatever has been done can be undone :)

Abarth 500
fit a hand free kit, the only wiring i had to do to the radio was wire in a wire to the ignition cable so the system comes on with the igntion and wire into the mute wire so it turns the radio off when a call comes thru......the radio works just wont go off the the ignition, i tested it and there arent any volts coming thru with the ingniton on so ithink ive broken the wire, all well a good company down the road will start again for 40 quid for me lol

Polo + Micra
you haven't accidentially operated a fuse have you?

that can sometimes cause weird faults

Abarth 500
operated a fuse?.....does that mean blown a fuse?......the radio works fine just the ignition cable does work, would there be one fuse just for that?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
yeah, he means blown a fuse. dink is correct, it has been known for a blown fuse to cause chaos in clios.

check all your fuses, the fuse compartment is located at the side of the dash on the passenger side, open ur dash and youll see a cover with an airbag sticker on (i think), pull the cover of and have a gander at ur fuses

Polo + Micra
yeah blown isn't really the correct term but yeah means "blown"

just me being a bit anal lol

Audi TT 3.2 V6
if u look on the inside of the fuse cover it shud have a pic of the radio, id check that 1st n work my way on from there

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
If you have blown a fuse it wont work at all.

If it’s the standard head unit, push the on/off button on the front panel. They are designed to work with or without the ignition switched on. You may have toggled it accidentally.