ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiriing, am I being thick? Pics inc.

Clio 172
Right i'm trying to wire up my subwoofer, how on earth do I get it to the battery?

I've searched, seen how and I just can't seem to see where the wire will come out into the engine bay, I've tried feeding a bit of power cable to see if I see the end and no luck, its all covered in firewall!

can someone circle or something where it should be going in?

20121021_110008.jpg

This is the last of the bonnet release I can see

20121021_110014.jpg

And this is where I tried feeding some through first.

20121021_110044.jpg

Cheers!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
This is what I have done on my current clio and my last one, pull the passenger carpet down from under the dash until you can see a pressed shape in the body off the car, in the dead centre of said shape drill a hole and fit a rubber grommet, this will put you your wire out just above the abs unit.

hope that makes sence! :approve:

Isn't there a hole suitable behind the coolant bottle? Not sure, just what I've heard! May be worth having a look.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's easy Chris honestly mate. Push a hole through one side of the bonnet release grommet in the passenger footwell with a screwdriver. What I did was push the earth cable through the grommet from the footwell and then feel down behind the washer bottle and pull it through a bit. I then used a bit of duct tape to attach the live cable to the earth cable and then just pull it back through from the footwell. It's a piece of piss mate. If I can do it anyone can lol

172 Ph1
I've taken wiring thru bulkhead , just behind ABS unit , move PAS steering aside and you will see rubber grommet there, go thru

Clio 172
Ok, maybe I should unscrew the coolant bottle? As I could really see way of getting behind it.

SO basically the third picture is the grommit I want to be feeding a wire through? its been hanging like that for god knows how long (not actually attached) so do I need to poke a hole or shall I just feed it up next to it?

I've done this sooo many times, just not in a Clio lol

I think (and I cant remember how) but I pulled up the power steering reservoir which allowed it to be pulled forward so I could see the bonnet release grommet behind the carpet stuff, I then stuck a screwdriver through the gromet (from inside the car) and waggled it till there was enough room. Then I fed some stiff spare wire (something like round 2 core house wiring) through the grommet from the inside into the engine bay.

Once I looked behind the power steering bottle I could see the white wire. I pulled it up and taped my amp power cable to it then from the inside of the car pulled the white wire through pulling the amp wiring as well. Basically I used the tip of feeding some old wire through and pulling the new wire back into the car rather than trying to just feed the amp wire through the grommet itself.

Clio 172
So a screwdriver through the grommit that is in the engine bay side? From the inside of the car? So confused lol I can see what you mean by feeding through some stronger wire, but I would assume feeding it through the engine bay would be easier? But I can't picture it all in my head

and yes, the coolant bottle bracket unscrews. and will surely come away from the firewall no?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
So a screwdriver through the grommit that is in the engine bay side? From the inside of the car? So confused lol I can see what you mean by feeding through some stronger wire, but I would assume feeding it through the engine bay would be easier? But I can't picture it all in my head

and yes, the coolant bottle bracket unscrews. and will surely come away from the firewall no?

Push a hole through the grommet from inside the car then push some spare wire through the grommet from inside the car so that it pokes through into the engine bay. Attach it to your live wire with some duct tape or similar and get back in the car and pull the wires through. Job done.

Get your head up inside the passenger side dash, look behind the dash to the left, inbetween the wiring you should see the grommet. Yep from inside the car stick a flat head screw driver through the grommet.

The bonnet release cable goes through it and the rest is sealed, but there is a space that's un-used so prod your finger in the grommet, then decide where to break the plastic with the screwdriver or the knife.

The coolant bottle doesn't need to be unbolted, just unclip the power steering reservoir instead, I think it just pulls upwards, might be a tab on it or something. once that's un-cliped and dangling you will be able to pull away the carpet behind it and put your hand down to feel the grommet. Thats why I used wire because its easier to feed that through then pull the new wire through into the car.

Clio 172
ooooh ooooh ooooooooooh so the grommit in the passenger footwell, actually poke a hole next to the bonnet release wire? got it! I tried poking earlier but though "nah its blocked" didn't think about poking a hole through it.

only problem now being I have a massive fuse that sits right near the engine bay side wire lol so I have to feed from engine bay side preferably. So i'll just reverse the last couple instructions :D

Clio 172
Hooray!

Pulled out power steering bottle, felt down and there was the grommit! (although it wasn't actually fixed, much like the passenger footwell one pictured above, sub ben fitted before?)

So i just fed it from the engine bay down and there it was in the passenger footwell, just ran it next to the bonnet wire and grommit as I can't be arsed to get it in the grommit.

fuse holder wouldn't unscrew it was fixed so had to go about it that way really, but thanks for the help all!! :)