ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless USB adapter

2004 1.2 Dynamique
I have 5 laptops at one of my sites which dont have wireless built into them.

I'm gonna buy some USB wireless adapters, any reccomendations?

Also whats the difference between 54mps and 108mps will they both work fine on the network in terms of picking up wireless. Is it just the case the 108mps will be slightly quicker?

Cheers

get pcmcia cards, leaves the usb port free and is harder for the donkey using it to knock it out.

recently my motherboard has started playign up and keeps crashign using the built in intel wireless mini pci card

so i went out and bought a netgear PCMCIA card - s**t
Linksys PCMCIA card - s**t
tried a philips USB adapator at my sisters house.. spot on!
so went and bought a BELKIN (Argh i hate belkin) one from town as thats all they had in and its been ok..

only problem is on an internal wireless card i had excellent signal quality, now i get ''good' and ''low''.

also doing a speedtest i will get 1meg instead of 2 with the internal one.

mines 54mps..

mine bounces around down to 11, 24, 48 etc though.

oh and i dont install the belkin software, just plugged it in and used windows software/belkin driver! :)

A4 Avant
I had a netgear USB dongle and it kept dropping the connection after five minutes, always had excellent signal strength. Took it back and tried Belkin version this had a very weak signal with appaling transfer rates but stayed connected. I ended up using an internal card on my PC. I know it's not an option for you but I won't touch another USB dongle again!

Do a google and there are hundreds of problems with them!

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
got a netgear at home, when its working its fine, but if you restart, or unplug it, it takes all sorts of faffing to get it to connect properly again!

Leon Cupra R 225
I use a wireless 108mbps Netgear adapter for my desktop pc in my room and a netgear router downstairs, and get good signal all the time. never drops, runs at 4 meg