ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Channel Question..

Leon Cupra R 225
I switched on my other pc today which runs wirelessly from a router no more than 3 metres away, the signal is usually 80-90% and we get nearly 6.5 meg from the connection, but this time, around 40% signal and half that speed almost..

So I scanned for other networks and looks as though my next door neighbour is also on channel 11 wirelessly, is this the reason it's running slowly? they are new neighbours so does seem a bit of a coincidence.

How do I switch the wireless to another channel? if this is what's slowing mine down

cheers

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Right, try typing 192.168.0.1 into Internet explorer, login (if unknown p/w etc, try user:admin p/w:admin - their the default)

Then click on the wireless tab, n it shud b in there

Leon Cupra R 225
Right, try typing 192.168.0.1 into Internet explorer, login (if unknown p/w etc, try user:admin p/w:admin - their the default)

Then click on the wireless tab, n it shud b in there

yeah gone on to that log in page, cheers matey, will restart that pc now the wireless is on channel 6, no idea if it'll work...:rolleyes:

Leon Cupra R 225
Good luck!

Still the same, weird! Though it's a different wireless adapter, is a rangemax one instead now... should I change the usb extension cable aswell? seems to be a different width to the usb wireless extension from the old router?

:S

Leon Cupra R 225
ok changed the cable, still the same, 50% signal, I thought these rangemax routers we're meant to have really good wireless signal? :(