ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wipers not working...

Clio III Extreme
Hi,
My 09 Clio Extreme has been having issues with its front wipers for a number of months. A while ago they started really ‘dragging’ across the screen, or moving really slowly -as if there wasn’t enough power going to them. Sometimes they would stop mid screen, and the wiper stalk wouldn’t move them. Turning the ignition on and off would sometimes sort it, or they would just reset themselves after a while.
It seemed to resolve itself for a number of months, so I did nothing about it. Recently though it’s got worse, to the point where nothing I do resets them -currently stuck mid screen! Occasionally they will ‘twitch’ or move slightly, but that’s it.

Any thoughts on what the issue is? Something burnt out, seized up maybe? I can’t tell

Thanks!

Clio mk3 197
Hi
Sounds like the wiper linkages are siezing up, they can be stripped,cleaned and put back to working order again, you just have to be a little bit careful you dont break the alluminum where it mounts to the scuttle panel