ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter-Wax, 3 coats on so far but...

Clio 197
Ello!

Ok:

Layer 1: AG SRP
Layer 2: AG EGP
Layer 3: Maguairs NXT (just for show I suppose)

What next? (bearing in mind I only have the above products in my garage).

Another layer of EGP, or more SRP then EGP?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
So what does it actually do then? stupid question probally.

Doesnt it just come off when you wash your car and therefore you wasted time or i take it that it stays on for ages?

Clio 197
SRP polishes the car, which lasts a few weeks.

EGP seals the SRP onto the paint, making it last a few months (depending on your mileage/washing technique).

I then put a coat of wax on top for show (which will only last about a week probably).

BMW E46 330i Touring
No point putting the NXT on mate, it's a cleaner wax (I believe it's a bit of an all-in-one wax, glaze, sealant, etc so will clean the paintwork, effectively negating the point of the EGP) so has probably made the EGP coats a bit pointless!

Put a couple more coats of EGP on, leaving to cure for a good few hours, then put a coat or two of carnauba wax on top, such as Nattys or P21s, to improve shine. If you don't want to buy any new products, then just keep applying the EGP, leaving to cure for as long as possible.

Formally Alex C
As above really... NXT does have very light cleaners in with it's own very light filling ability, so it will take away some of the EGP when you put it on..... Not alot so don't let it ruin what you want to do by any means but, it may just sacrifice durability a little.

Cheers :).

106 GTi
If you have used the NXT already you will need to re SRP and EGP as if you try and a layer of EGP now ontop of the NXT it wont bond.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I recommend wet sanding back to the metal and spraying a lovely shade of purple.

Or just washing, SRP and then EGP it right up...

Clio 197
If you have used the NXT already you will need to re SRP and EGP as if you try and a layer of EGP now ontop of the NXT it wont bond.

Oh poo...

PS The Nxt doesn't quite look as good as SRP + EGP.

Damn... I wish I weren't so bloody bored today.

106 GTi
Not a fan of any of the NXT range, SRP with a few coats of EGP topped with a decent pure carnuba wax is a better route Oms.

As to which wax, what colour is the car? The Blue 182 has gone I take it?

Clio 197
^^

Yup! It's the wee blue monster.

It's mint at the moment (apart from a warranty-job of peeling paint on the driver's door).

I'd like to keep it clean before it goes back to RFS in Jaunary. Someone will get a lovely car at auction. ;)