ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter road salt detail - CTR

TTRS & V50
The Civic hasn't been cleaned for a while and considering last weekends weather was actually a half decent time to wash a car I though i'd do mine.

It was filthy and covered in salt so I thought I'd make a little video of the whole detail.

Little did I know how s**t my GoPro Hero 2 is. The video of the wash stage cut out half way through and missed a huge chunk, which I didn't realise until I got back to the computer. Pretty pissed off, but hey. I've researched and it may be because of my card, but it's class 10. Anyway, this is a detail not tech chat.

So I've managed to do a video of the pre-timelapse stage which shows how dirty the car was.

Watch in 720 to see the true dirt ;)

Process:

Wheels, tyres and arches clean with bilberry and daisy APC.
Auto smart fallout removed on the alloys once cleaned.
Pre-wash with Valet Pro Citrus Pre-wash pump sprayed on lower halfs along with all badges, grilles, doorshuts, petrol flap agitated with Swissvax brush.
2BM with AF Lather (slowly warming to this, I didn't like it at first, but still cannot get as many suds as Russ from MCC gets).
Dried using 2 X CYC fluffy drying towels.
Tyres dressed with Megs Endurance Tyre Gel.

And then the afters: (I did get another few videos of these, but they seem to have disappeared to, not impressed with this GoPro)

DSC_0553_zpsf8f080b8.jpg

DSC_0562_zps2e22ba6e.jpg

DSC_0568_zpse9b1bb21.jpg

DSC_0575_zps5746514f.jpg

DSC_0577_zpsd0d06938.jpg

DSC_0585_zps2d3cf8d0.jpg

DSC_0594_zps64cf08da.jpg

Pretty happy with results, but the eagle eye will notice the exhaust, forgot to polish it, which I did straight after this shoot with Autosol metal polish.

Next on the list, get that dent out on the NSF door, some dick in a car-park I would assume as it was completely de-dented at my last job.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
That really was rather filthy mate, impressive with how much difference a small clean can make. Looks spot on now.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Although a nice turn around, people's interpretation of filthy is interesting. With the current weather we've had, that's equivilant to a week of two's driving for me and the wife and both our cars are well protected.

TTRS & V50
Thanks all.

Although a nice turn around, people's interpretation of filthy is interesting. With the current weather we've had, that's equivilant to a week of two's driving for me and the wife and both our cars are well protected.
Yes and no, it doesn't have to look filthy to be filthy, this was a month or two of dirt build up, yes it has rained, but the build up was still there. Plus baked on brake dust shows filth, rather than 2 week old dirt which would simply wash off with a pressure washer.

I've now re-read this post and I am ashamed that I am returning a reply on the subject of dirt build up ! ..Long day.