ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Winter Olympic Photos

Oil Burner
Pick of the bunch for me:

v34_22245065.jpg

There's some awesome shots there.

What would you have to do to get a press/photo pass at somewhere like the Olympics?

This is the pic for me..

v01_22196313.jpg

Oil Burner
Its difficult to say, the Winter Olympics seem much easier to get into than the Olympics.

You would probably need to be a member of a press association of some sort. (if your a full time tog you pay them £x per year and provide a handful of published images to them, they then give you a laminated card and this somehow proves to event organisers your genuine)..... its not a money making scheme by someone... 'you pay me £20 i will say your genuine'

After this you would need a publication to work for. Im not sure if there are requirements on the circulation numbers or not - i suspect so.

I suspect unlike most media events (where they are pleased to see you.... free advertising is always good for them), they will be cutting out people that don't actually need to be there as their paper could just buy from getty or an agency instead of sending their own tog.

I would imagine its pretty difficult to get in unless you are a genuine full time sports tog. But i thought that about a lot of events and i've proven myself wrong...

Sweet, I've been looking most days to see when the Big Picture shots would start going up. Some amazing stuff there, I've been watching a lot, noticing cool angles and wondering what sort of access photographers have to things like the Luge etc, especially now that remote cameras are a massive part of sports photography.

Still a few amazing angles I've spotted from the Snowboardcross Mountain that I've not seen in print yet. I'm hoping somebody found them and pics appear soon.