ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wineing/hissing noise at high revs

RacingBlue + IceBurg
As title says. I've been told all of them do it. My mate used to have a 1.8 16v mk1 and that done it aswel. I'm a worrier tho lol would like confirmation that's there's nothing wrong.... It's had belts etc changed a couple months ago. Car is a mk 2 phase 2 172

Cheers much

2004 ph2 172
I used get that noise quite a bit - and eventually traced it to my missus - the hissing noise was her sucking air sharply between her teeth.

Twisties at pace brought it on... After a good drive with her onboard the low air pressure inside makes it nearly impossible to open the doors.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
is it at speed or revs? either way i havent noticed anything like this on either of the cups i'v owned.

if speed could be wind or tyre noise, or if its more of a hum and changes depending on which way you are turning could be a wheel bearing.

if it is at revs then i'd be making sure it was a timing kit and not just belt that was fitted, and also inspecting the belt to make sure nothing is rubbing.

RacingBlue + IceBurg
Its at high revs, not on corners and sounds like its coning from the drivers side of the engine...Im guessing maybe timing kit. I know it's had belts changed. But seen no reciepts for kit. How much are they? Fitted?

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Its at high revs, not on corners and sounds like its coning from the drivers side of the engine...Im guessing maybe timing kit. I know it's had belts changed. But seen no reciepts for kit. How much are they? Fitted?

depends entirely where you go, from 150 - 1000 quid probably.

your V5 should have the last keepers address may be worth getting in touch and just asking? how mechanicly competent are you? you can easily check the auxillary belt and pulleys yourself (including power steering pump) and rule that out, and its easy ish to take off the timing belt covers and visually inspect.

sound like you need to get whatever it is checked out, if its something on the timing belt that is worn out/rubbing whatever then it could lead to the belt slipping/snapping, which means big bucks in repairs

RacingBlue + IceBurg
I'm not mechanically competent at all lol my mate is a mechanic tho, I'll pop over his later and get him to check what u said. Cheers buddy

Stripped yozza'd cup
I used get that noise quite a bit - and eventually traced it to my missus - the hissing noise was her sucking air sharply between her teeth.

Twisties at pace brought it on... After a good drive with her onboard the low air pressure inside makes it nearly impossible to open the doors.

Flol