ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washer slow and weak

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Takes a good few seconds from pulling the stalk to windscreen wash actually firing onto the windscreen, is this normal? Plus, can someone film the noise their pump makes when pulling the stalk? I think mines on its way out, its a really high pitched wining noise. Sounds wrong!

2005 182 cliosport
sometimes mine takes forever to come out...then check and it was basically empty! the noise is also high pitched on mine

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My bottle is full though, I can understand it really high pitched when it's nearly empty but when its full.. its weird! I've moved to those mist jets, but these are just as bad (if not worse) than the old one!

Clio 1.2 16v
I just took this video for you, sorry the audio is a little quiet.

I had the same problem and wanted to move to Citreon style mist jets. Swapped my pump for the ECP special as posted above and here is the result:

​[youtube]RyS8NfWGXnw[/youtube]

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I believe it's time to change my pump! Mine is nowhere near that power, mine only just reaches half way up the windscreen and has much less volume than that. I appreciate the video, now I know I'm not going to be wasting my time replacing the pump :) How hard of a job was it?

I believe it's time to change my pump! Mine is nowhere near that power, mine only just reaches half way up the windscreen and has much less volume than that. I appreciate the video, now I know I'm not going to be wasting my time replacing the pump :) How hard of a job was it?

10min job, don't even have to take the wipers off to get too the pump!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
It happens with me I failed a mot coz of it I said hold it down longer and then they passed it after some other things.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Might be worth cleaning the pump out mate, I just stuck a hose in the filler neck and left it running for a few minutes to clean all the muck out and it's been spot on since.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Might try that. Do I need to do anything else or literally just hose pipe out the tank? As in disconnect any pipes etc.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Might try that. Do I need to do anything else or literally just hose pipe out the tank? As in disconnect any pipes etc.
Literally just shove the hose in the filler neck and let it run for a few minutes. All the crap should float to the top with a bit of luck.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I bet it's just blocked to be honest, it's gradually got worse tbh. I heard there are some tablets you can drop in to help clean the tank? Cheers mate!

I've just fitted these and my screen wash isn't even touching the windscreen, would the tablets mentioned above help clear out my pump?