ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen Washer Jets trickling...

Clio Dynamique Noir
Okay so Im pretty sure that the motor is still working as I can hear the 'whirring' like noise it makes when you pull the stalk control forward on the steering column controls thingy! The washer bottle is full of liquid and all that seems to happen is liquid trickling out. It doesnt even make the windscreen! There is just no pressure coming from the 'jets'!

I have found this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?537299-Washer-jets-issues-fix-guide

Tried following it but I cant make much sense of it! (Probably being a r****d, I know and maybe its late!) Has anyone got any other descriptions or pictures to help me out! Assuming that I dont need to buy another motor!!

Thanks a lot!

Clio Dynamique Noir
Buy a new pump of ebay for around a fiver, ive got a guide in the guides section.

So do you think I need a new pump then? Even though I can hear it 'working'? Do you have a link to your guide please?

Mine started doing that and the pump died about two weeks later.

Oh dear! :dapprove: What did you do?

Thanks people!

182cup & 172 racecar
I am in the process of doing this atm,pump makes all the right noises, but just a dribble.

Got a new pump arriving today, so we'll see how that works.

Clio 1.4 16V
Has already been said just get another off ebay for a fiver. Mine was the same.

I did take the wiper arm off as it came of pretty easy, and you get slightly more room to lift back scuttle panel, just pull up on pump, will come off with a bit of force, unplug wires and hoses noting which goes to which, retrieve washer from old pump, transfer to new, attach wires and hoses and push back into place.

There will be a loss of fluid unless you empty the bottle.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, I just bent back the scuttle panel and pulled out the old one. A slight problem occurred as i didn't bring the rubber bung with it and when i pushed the new pump in the bung disappeared into the water bottle...doh!
A new bung onto the pump first worked the second time around.