ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen steaming up

172 Cup
Seems to be doing it all the time now, and when i put the blowers on full to get rid of it, it makes it worse. anything i can buy, change or swap to make less condensation?

BG 182
You sure you pressed the de-mister button? Sorry im not trying to take the piss, just sometimes I forget to do it too :p

172 Cup
what the rear one that does the mirrors and back window?? there isnt a front De-mister for the windscreen, only fords have them.

button opposite the c.locking (right of the hazzard button) does my back window and my hand wrapped in my sleeve does my mirrors lol

02' PH1 172
open the window a bit when you having a hot box next time :)
just jokes. i turn mine to full heat and full blast for the front and open the window a bit. works for me

Seems to be doing it all the time now, and when i put the blowers on full to get rid of it, it makes it worse. anything i can buy, change or swap to make less condensation?

Could the air recirculation function have came on by mistake ?

Its the heater button with the circle and arrows on it.

That may cause steaming up as it recycles the air from inside the car and takes in no fresh air :S

The only way you get away with it not steaming up with air recirculation switched on is by having A/c on at same time. ;)

Lotus Elise 111R
Simple. Clean the front window with a degreaser, something like windolene or fairy liquid. Don't use the air con on the front screen at it should'nt reappear, as it is the air con that leaves the film that mists up.

Lotus Elise 111R
When the air con blows, it leaves like a greasy albeit invisible film on the inside of the window, don't know if it's the gases or what, but over time you then get this misting up. Better to have the air con coming through the face vents, cabin gets cool without the steaming up problem.

Skoda Fabia vRS
above comments are correct, clean your window !

it wont stop it, but it cuts down on it a lot, and it does clear quicker

172 Cup
yeah its a bit filthy, i think what i forgot to do was turn the heat up more, i usually have it on 18 and use the front blower button when it steams up, forgot that you can turn the heat up!!!!!! Tool!
cheers

Banana
Cut a potato in half and wipe the inside of the windscreen with it, then wipe dry with a cloth. Trust me it works!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah the joys of a heated front windscreen in the winter. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would go that far! It's a ford with cold leather seats.

Probably a 3rd of the price of your car ;)

clio 182 black /gold
Would go that far! It's a ford with cold leather seats.

Probably a 3rd of the price of your car ;)
I heard that ford own the rights to heated front screens. When you said you had heated front screen i wondered if you had a ford lol. Oh and i bet it does not rattle and steam up LMAO.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
If the windscreen is getting a greasy film on it the heater matrix is leaking. The film is coolant. It will leave a sickly sweet odour in the car as well. A bloody pain, but sounds like matrix needs changing and aircon needs check as well. I had a xsara that was like that, got rid.