ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen cover - Insurance

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Hi
The wiper blade split on the drivers side and as it was pelting down it was three of four sweeps before I realised what had happend. Basically its left 3 scratches across the drivers side of the windscreen top middle and bottom (typical) the scratchs are about 2 or 3mm wide you can barely feel them and they look like when you get your windows etched. As its in my line of view I know it will probably fail its MOT.

Oh have tried glass polish and it didn't do anything.

So just wondering if anyone knew whether I could claim on my glass cover with Tesco?

I know they cover it for chips and cracks but the policy doesn't mention what damage is covered and if I ring up and they tell me its not covered then if it was to get a large crack ;) soon after and I rang again they may be a bit suspect!

Cheers

Mark

172cup
Do everything through Autoglass..... if you phoned Tesco, theyd tell you to do that anyway. They ask you what sort of damage has occured when you book it, so you know what needs done. Sounds like they'll just fill it to be honest.

They may be able to do it for free no problem, or at worst you'll have to pay your windscreen excess which is normally £50-60 (but for that you get a brand new shiney windscreen!) :)

Ring your insurance companies windscreen line, will prob be able to repair rather than replace it. Should cost you a tenner.