ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Update (Vista problem)

Clio200 EDC Lux
Windows Vista (ultimate) says a high priority update is available but it always fails to install it refers to knowledge base 929777 and comes up with the error code 8000FFFF.

Pretty sure its got something to do with the fact I have more than 3gb of memory, don't know why it won't update though.

Anyone else had this?

It won't install manuallly I tried that.

Hi found this from this forum http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=556997&SiteID=17

1/ Here is the answer to your problems. Go to your control panel under add and remove programs you will see a hot fix for kb929777. Uninstall this hot fix. Windows will tell you to reboot, do it. Download the kb929777 for the windows website not the auto update site, (if you do it will install the hot fix first before the kb929777 and then kb929777 will not install again). After successful update you will need to reboot. check for updates( there should be none and your history should show successful update on the kb929777. I also took out 3 gb of mem. before I did this but before it would still not download until I removed the hot fix, so I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE MEM. FIRST. But try it with the mem. in first and it may save you a step.

or

2/
An even easier solution is:

1: Open up "Control Panel" and navigate your way to "Programs and Features".
2: Click "View installed updates" on the left hand side.
3: Find the update KB929777 and uninstall it.
4: Attempt to install the update again in Windows Update
5: Once successful, restart your PC.