ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Phone 7 or iPhone

MK2 Clio
Hi all,
I currenty have a iPhone 3GS, but being a MSP I keep seeing the WP7 and am really tempted. Has anyone got/had both? I'd love to hear clear views on why each is better. No spam please.

Thanks

Citroen DS3 DSport
I installed WP7 onto a workmate's HTC HD2 today and was quite impressed with the speed and flow of the OS. No chance I'd ditch my iPhone 4 for it though.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I went for an upgrade from my iPhone 4 last week, the o2 salesman tried his hardest to convince me to get the windows phone, the only 'better' difference he explained was the bigger screen, it's like a house brick compared to the 4 which ain't exactly small to begin with.

I went for an upgrade from my iPhone 4 last week, the o2 salesman tried his hardest to convince me to get the windows phone, the only 'better' difference he explained was the bigger screen, it's like a house brick compared to the 4 which ain't exactly small to begin with.
WP7 is running on many different handsets. Not all are as big as the iPhone. I have one as a company phone (HTC Mozart) its not too bad for a first release. Some good bits some not so good. Personally I think the main reason for preferring iPhone is going to be Appstore but I can see that becoming less of a factor in the future. it has some really nice tech with the video calling etc but I don't think I would use them.

What I really like on my WP7 is the contact integration with facebook and Xbox Live connectivity. Battery on the HTC handset sucks though.

Last edited:
i have used HTC's and find they get very slow and very laggy really quick. Which for me is a big issue.

I had spoken to a friend with a windows 7 phone and it was even worse that the HTC.

I personally wouldn't use another phone than a iPhone simply for the following reasons:

copy/paste
awesome email
facetime
app store (basically an app for everything), my fav app's are whatsapp and viber.
the simple to use syncing with itunes (which backs up everything upon syncing)
it looks soooooo sexy!
iMovie

and the fact that its still as fast as the day i bought it.

Dogs b****cks TBH.

They were both desire's.

I just found after a few months of useage they got very slow and the screen just didn't feel as responsive.

Maybe i'm just a fussy fucker lol.

Clio 182 cup'd
i have used HTC's and find they get very slow and very laggy really quick. Which for me is a big issue.

I had spoken to a friend with a windows 7 phone and it was even worse that the HTC.

I personally wouldn't use another phone than a iPhone simply for the following reasons:

copy/paste
awesome email
facetime
app store (basically an app for everything), my fav app's are whatsapp and viber.
the simple to use syncing with itunes (which backs up everything upon syncing)
it looks soooooo sexy!
iMovie

and the fact that its still as fast as the day i bought it.

Dogs b****cks TBH.

I'm not being funny or anything, but what do people actually use copy and paste for on a phone? I can only think of copying webpage links and sending them via email or text?

Rav4
:)

Guy that sits next to me has a W7 phone, he updated it yesterday evening, same issue.

Huge amount of users are reporting this problem actually.

They will fix it.

Massive problem that... "Only a ""low single-digit"" percentage of users were affected by the problem" which has now been solved anyway.

IOS is really good, quick and easy to use. Considering trying Android 2.3.

Skoda Fabia vRS
more than happy with my Desire HD, even though the one i got was faulty i dont want any other phone and im actually glad i didnt get an iphone, no way on earth would i get a Windows phone though, ever, it either wont work properly or will end up with a virus, loving Android

Clio 182 cup'd
more than happy with my Desire HD, even though the one i got was faulty i dont want any other phone and im actually glad i didnt get an iphone, no way on earth would i get a Windows phone though, ever, it either wont work properly or will end up with a virus, loving Android

So you are having a pop at a phone you have never used saying it probably wont work etc, yet your super phone was dead out the box, and thats ok right? Also I think you'll find out of the three Operating systems mentioned in here, its the Android one that is more likely to be infected with a trojan virus.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm not being funny or anything, but what do people actually use copy and paste for on a phone? I can only think of copying webpage links and sending them via email or text?

I use it every day. Texts, links, Facebook links, phone numbers from PDF's, Safari. Loads.

Clio 172 Cup
I've now had 3 HD7's all with a life span of about 3 weeks.

Would freeze on phone calls, wouldn't allow you to hang up, battery pull was needed.

Turn it's self off when ever it felt like.

No themes or ring tones and you have to use Zune which is possible the worst piece of software written!

GRRRRRRR......

Clio 182 cup'd
I've now had 3 HD7's all with a life span of about 3 weeks.

Would freeze on phone calls, wouldn't allow you to hang up, battery pull was needed.

Turn it's self off when ever it felt like.

No themes or ring tones and you have to use Zune which is possible the worst piece of software written!

GRRRRRRR......

You probably don't like Zune because you are forced to use it, much like people who don't like itunes.

Skoda Fabia vRS
a phone with a MS operating system just doesnt sit right with me, i just wouldnt trust it

and my problem with my own phone was a faulty handset, not an Android issue

im also due an upgrade from my iphone 3gs and tempted by the hd7, im just bored of iphones ive had one for the past 3years the iphone 4 doesnt really bring me anything new, yes it has a better camera but thats it! Facetime looks fun but seriously i will never ever use it, same as the apps yes there are a gazillion of them out there but only 2/3 three that are actually any use to me. The reason im considering the windows mobile is for the xbox live gaming!! My service provider said i have a 14day cooling off period where i could send the phone back if i didnt like it so i think im going to give the hd7 a shot!