ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windows password probs

just dusted off my latop which i aint used for 6 months and for the life of me i cant remember the login password... how do i get into windows?

cheers...

Cupra
Some computer models have an interal switch that you can use to get around the password protection. Undo a couple of screws etc....

What model is it?

cheers... will do, when i get home.

Suppose then i go into control panel and change the original or something like that but does it then ask for the original before a new password can be entered or does the administrator log in cancel this problem?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you log in as administrator and can access all user files/folders, you would have to recreate any users you want to use as like you said it will ask for the old password.

so if i cant remebr the old password then would reformatting the hard drive remove the password?? as i'm still going to have this problem next time i log on unless i use administrator?

Mondeo ST TDci
if its xp, reboot into safe mode, you will have the option to log in as the computer administrator. then goto control pannel > user accounts>click on the user> select remove the password.
Job done ;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Obviously all these only work if you don't have an administrator password.... which you should!

cock mobile.
If you can't remember any password to get into windows you can download a disk that contains a simple vm linux distro which will break the SAN account.

Basically means you can change the password.