ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows CE based laptops

Anyone know anything about these Windows CE based laptops? I'm after a cheapy cheap laptop for the missus, just for internet and Microsoft office and these seem to fit that bill just nicely.

EDIT: Just read on a resellers site that facebook chat doesnt work on this?? So it doesnt do internet properly then??

DMS

A thirsty 172
I wouldn't bother. Just get a cheapo Netbook running XP or Vista if all you want to do is look at Facebook. You could save yourself even more money by going for a version that comes pre-loaded with Linux, since you don't pay the cost of the Windows license in with the price. You can install OpenOffice for free which has all the functionality of MS Office without being as "bloated".

Bus w**ker
Argos ebay thing is the cheapest place I know of ATM for an XP Netbook. About £150 IIRC.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Windows CE generally means your average programs won't install on it. MS Office, Google Chrome etc, these are things you'd be without.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
The little netbooks with 300mhz ARM processors wont run websites with any flash or java on them. Hotmail and facebook etc wont work on them.