ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 8/iOS ballache. Not communicating over Wifi.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Right, my phone absolutely will NOT connect with my computer in any way over wifi.

I can't wifi sync (although the phone occasionally pops up in iTunes, you can't sync etc as it decides that it's not connected after all), use iTunes Remote, or any other external applications (such as Wifipad) that connect to the PC.

I've forwarded ports in Windows Firewall and on the Wifi router itself, run programs as administrator, turned Windows Firewall off, sacrificed a goat and torn all my hair out.

Any reason why Windows 8 would still be blocking connections, if the firewall's off, the ports are forwarded on the router and the program's running as admin?

Also what the f**k happened to ad-hoc connections?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that too, but it's on the list of allowed programs, and i've used the Apple ports to forward (TCP 3689 and UDP 5353) through the router. Running the latest version of iTunes too.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like I'm going to have to.

Looking in Firewall, there's a LOT of rules as to what connections are allowed/disallowed. I suspect one of them is stopping communication...