ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windows 8 announcement.....i hate it

MK3 GTI golf 16v
whats ubuntu like ? ive never used it, i hate macs with a passion and W8 seems to be going down the mac route of things. W xp was the best imo

Laguna sport tourer
whats ubuntu like ? ive never used it, i hate macs with a passion and W8 seems to be going down the mac route of things. W xp was the best imo
takes some getting used to, loads much quicker than windows and doesn't slow down over time and you havn't got the problem with viruses

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i might give that a go on my spare computer, cheers mate

should be better than win7, having to put up with pop ups about security this and that everytime you click something or dont click something is so annoying

DCi
All software is free ;)

I think I might go ubuntu on the laptop now my desktop is back in action.

I haven't looked at any win8 stuff yet I think I'll wait til later when we know they won't change much lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I think Windows 8 looks awesome personally :cool: can't wait to give it a go, especially on a tablet/touchscreen laptop.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Give ChromeOS a look, not seen it myself but a friend at work keeps banging on about it.

i personally hate the look of windows 8. they have turned computers into phones now, its all about apps instead of full programs which massively defeats the point of having a computer. not to mention its hugely aimed at touch screen, which a lot of people dont have on there computer..... take a look for yourself.

videos about half way down the page http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/01/microsoft-unveils-windows-8-tablet-prototypes/

calm down. Its not even beta yet.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Give ChromeOS a look, not seen it myself but a friend at work keeps banging on about it.

chrome does look pretty good to be fair. its a bit odd though, you dont have a desktop, everythings online or something like that

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
i might give that a go on my spare computer, cheers mate

should be better than win7, having to put up with pop ups about security this and that everytime you click something or dont click something is so annoying

Try googling for "Turn off UAC in Windows 7"

All that security stuff is only there to stop morons installing viruses and malware by accident. Most people just click yes to get rid of it anyway. Then again, if you needed help finding out how to turn it off maybe you should leave it on :rasp:

Mito Sportiva 135
I've made Chrome my browser and along with Gmail it's awesome...everything saved online, can link bookmarks/contacts/other stuff with your Android phone etc.

As for OS though, Win7 is fine I actually like it, far fewer glitches than previous installments and runs fast and smooth. Can't see W8 would be a backwards step in any way although I guess MS might be accussed of trying too hard to be cool, and would be better off staying in traditional PC territory.

It's going to have to be a duel interface touch an keyboard hopefully you can opt out of things you don't want to use I test it when the betas are released

Fiesta ST2
First off sorry to bring this thread back to life but..

First line... second paragraph " There'll be two kinds of applications for Windows 8, one that runs in a traditional desktop, and the other pseudo-mobile apps based on HTML5 and Javascript". Did you even bother to read the article you linked to? The mobile apps will be for the touch screen PC's that people who watch CSI want. The traditional desktop is for normal people/businesses. I fail to see the problem just use the one you want??

Clio 182 cup'd
First off sorry to bring this thread back to life but..

First line... second paragraph " There'll be two kinds of applications for Windows 8, one that runs in a traditional desktop, and the other pseudo-mobile apps based on HTML5 and Javascript". Did you even bother to read the article you linked to? The mobile apps will be for the touch screen PC's that people who watch CSI want. The traditional desktop is for normal people/businesses. I fail to see the problem just use the one you want??

That would be too easy.