ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 7 premium home - system builders only

RIP Dan
Amazon have a copy of Win 7 prem home for system builders only. Its £58 and says not for consumers.

Why not and if I buy it for my notebook will it all end in tears?

dk

911 GTS Cab
It will be amazon marketplace rather than amazon selling it right?

It will probably work, but you won't be licensed, so you might as well get hold of an illegal copy, as it's no different, even if you have a license, it's not worth anything as you are breaking the eula.

Does it definitely have a license with it, as ms stopped selling oem kits and changed the way things were done. They would provide media but the license was not obtainable by system builder companies, like dell and Hp etc.

I personally wouldn't risk this, as you won't be licensed, so like I'm said, no different to downloading an illegal copy.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I got W7 Professional (OEM - so also not customer) - Been 100% and just needed a slightly manual activation.

£99 via Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004Q0T0LU/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Gone up a little since.

It might be 100% but you have broken the eula so technically you don't have a legit copy.

Nothing will happen to you, but nor will it if you download it illegally and install it.

Depends if you really want a legit copy or not.

Technically, amazon are also breaking the license agreement by selling it to anyone.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Again, unless you are a student, you are breaking the eula, you might as well download an illegal copy, it's no different and you are no more licensed.

You either want a legal copy or you don't, if you don't then there's no point making yourself feel more legit by buying a cheaper version you aren't entitled to, as you are wasting your money, you still aren't licensed.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
if you theoretically got someone else to change the motherboard (to a differnt mobo, not just a replacment of the same one) and install the OEM version, and then sell you the computer for £0.01, then you are not breaking the EULA...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
oh and they have to agree to give you support for the OS, so make sure its someone who knows how to use the task manager or reset button :p lol.