ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Wiper stalk caught fire

Petrol Blue 182.
:S dont know how or why, was driving along and smoke was poring out from behind the steering wheel. happend to anyone else before? took it apart and it was all chared and fooked!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Owned to be honest! Haven't seen this issue on the site yet :s Unless you were smoking and some how hot ash got in but thats very unlikely! Is there even many electrics behind the wheel?

Probably a fuse that melted or something silly

French electrics performing at their very best again I see lol.

Never heard of that before on any car and I've had some strange electrical issues with mine in the past.

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
loooooooooool this is amazing :D i was squirting my windscreen the other day, and the stereo kept getting louder :D looked down + wasnt touching the remote stalk :s :D

Chocolate Bar™
had this on my 172. spoke to 172ben who had also had it. he replaced the indicator self cancelling mechanism. i on the other hand just tore it out.