ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Washers fault ???

Clio RN
Hi guys im new here, just got my first Clio last week. Love it !

Anyway, i knew the problem existed and knocked off £100 or so from the deal but the window washer dont appear to work (front and rear). I can hear the motor and there is a little water getting through, but not enough. Do you still think the motor could be at fault? The jets are not blocked and the hoses dont appear to be blocked either. I can blow through them. There seems like enough water in the bottle but i'll check again to make sure its not dry (but i doubt it)
Any thoughts welcome.
Forum is class !
Cheers
Mike

Ph1 172 + Combo van
make sure the resivour is full
sick a pin down the jets and blow them out with an airline
make sure there is no kinks or leaks in the tubes.

if all these are done then it could be the pump

Clio RN
make sure the resivour is full
sick a pin down the jets and blow them out with an airline
make sure there is no kinks or leaks in the tubes.

if all these are done then it could be the pump

hi. and thanks.
water resivour IS full although there is a leak at bottom of where pump sits, should there be a rubber grommet/washer there?, ive pust a bit pastic bag to hold a seal (which ive been told is a temp fix)

all pipes are good no blocks. Ive 'pinned' the jets and still very little water comes out the front (nothing out the rear, just a trickle), the pump "sounds" good but could it still be faulty? I think it maybe is.
cheers

Ph1 172 + Combo van
if there is a leak in the resivour then you need to get a new one. get it out then you can see if it has a leak!

Clio RN
if there is a leak in the resivour then you need to get a new one. get it out then you can see if it has a leak!

cheers, but the water is coming out of the hole the pump sits in. Looks like there should be a rubber washer/grommet in there, hence the leak.

172 exclusive
the pump is stuffed as its been run dry it melts the pump gears !!
so you can hear the motor but no squirt

172 Cup (Iceberg)
It could be the tubes are blocked. This happened to me, i filled the reservoir with a litre of white vinegar and it cleared it straight away.

Worth a try.

Megane Trophy #147
i have the same problem and my pump has gone the lines are clear and you hear the motor but they either don't work or appear to stutter pump is about a tenner i think

Clio RN
i have the same problem and my pump has gone the lines are clear and you hear the motor but they either don't work or appear to stutter pump is about a tenner i think

cheers guys, im gonna invest in a new pump (or one off eBay) one last question: the new pump slots into the hole in the reservoir, should there not be a rubber washer in there too as the pump just sits there just now and water coming out off the seat where the pump slots in?

my first Clio and i love it. Quality little car!

cheers guys:)

Clio RN
can someone tell me if there should be a rubber washer/grommet at the bottom of the window washer pump? (sitting in between the reseviour and the pump)? should this come as standard when i buy a new pump?
It seems like there should be some sort of washer/grommet as my pump sits loosly on the water reseviour and moves around with water coming out of it.

thanks

Mikey

Yes there should be a washer in the tank where the pump plugs in.

the washer will be in the tank you'll have pushed in it when fiddling.
have to remove th tank to get it out so remove the wipers and move it out.

check the feed from the wires also the connections also check the pump the pum isn't always the problem.