ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window tints

Williams
Anyone ever done their own?

Im getting tints for the rear windows and if i like them ill get some light smoke (legal) front tints.

After i orderd them, i got thinking... will it be a problem tinting over the heater strips in the rear window?

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
The back window is a b*****d to do! U have to do it in 2 strips and if you don't get it rite it just looks poo. I ended up gettin mine professionally done. cost me £150 for the 3 bak windows in dark smoke and took them a morning to do which is pretty quick.

Jaff

Don't do them yourself, you won't do it correctly and you'll end up with bubbles in it and it'll look s**t.

The back window is a b*****d to do! U have to do it in 2 strips and if you don't get it rite it just looks poo. I ended up gettin mine professionally done. cost me £150 for the 3 bak windows in dark smoke and took them a morning to do which is pretty quick.

Jaff

did they get around the problem with the dot matrix round the edges?

Williams
Im going to give it a go, 172! Im one of these nuts that feels i need to know more! and love learning new things. You learn nothing if you dont try.

Should be on my doorstep pritty soon so when i do get it ill get a few piks to show how its comeing along...
Any more tips will be really handy, cheers!

Clio 172 mk2
If you really have to get tints (they look pretty naff) you must get the pros to do it.

Nothing worse than seeing half-ass jobs with bubbles in

Better than yours. C*nt.
Anywhere that'll do me a half decent tint all round (Mid smoke, slightly illegal) without telling me they won't do it, illegal etc. It's for a show car... *innocent*

ITB BG 182

Jaff
150...!!??
If your any where nottingham id say go to tint-r he's quick an very relaiable (spellings) only 130 for the whole of my car and only took 2 hours for him todo it.

L

lenny85

just had mine done £150 quid for back three in dark smoke and front 2 in light. front to might be slighty to dark though oops!!:cool: