ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window tinting

Clio 1.2 16v Dyna
please may someone briefly summerise the laws of tinting the rear windows?

and where you would purchase it from?

Thankyou!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
have it done by a proper company so its done well, else it will look horrendous

Monaco Clio 172
you can go as dark as you want on the rear but i think on the front its about 70% but most cars now are slightly tinted anyway. its only bout 100 quid to have it done properly.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
law is, you can do what the hell you like with any of the glass behind the Bpillar, you can grab a brush and paint them with black hammerite if you do so wish.

Law on the front windows is that they MUST let 70% of light through,
but before you go booking tints, remember that if the glass has 43R stamped in the corner, it means it already carries a factory tint of around 20%!!
so basically, its illegal to put ANY tint on the front window!!

i know people who have put the lightest of tints on the front window, and been stopped and checked, and the police machine measured only 30% of light getting through!!
so the easiest thing is....DONT TINT THE FRONT!

and the best thing to do is NOT TINT ANY! because it looks horrible and chavy!

Liamm

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
as said back windows anything goes, I'm gonna get my rear window limo black when funds allow, for security resons mainly not for looks lol