ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window switch/reg wiring?

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a clio wiring diagram which has turned out to be pretty crap tbh.

Basically I want to move the elec window switches (just the driver's side ones) to the centre console (I'm putting a little panel in there). I've bought some aftermarket window switches which I know the pinout of.

The wires from the plug of the switches do not correlate to the wiring on the regs (cheers Renault!). The pinout of the plug when the switches are pressed up down etc is as follows:

OFF

1------2
2------1

4------5
5------4

Driver up

1------2
4------5
5------4

Driver down

1------3
2------1
4------5
5------4

Pass up

1------2
4------5
5------4

Pass down

1------2
2------1
4------5
5------3

The plug itself (pins correlate to the above i.e. the ones listed on the left of the switches above are connected to the left of the ones listed below:

1 (white/brown) 1 (orange/brown)
3 (black/orange) ------ 4 (yellow)
4 (yellow/orange) ------3 (blue/brown)
5 (orange/grey) 5 (white/orange)

3 and 4 on the right hand side of the above are also connected.

From the above I've determined that pin 3 is used for the down of each reg.

I'm thinking 4 is maybe power.

So I need to figure out which 2 pins are used for the up on the reg (the reg only has 2 connections), and which are earths (I assume 2 pins on each switch will be earths).

I understand not many people can probably help with this, but if you can or have a decent wiring diagram, please let me know!!

Cheers :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mate, when I've got two minute I'll tell you all what they are. Bit busy atm.

Either that or use advance search and search my threads with the keywords "window" or something, you'll find a lot of stuff.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Rob, just wired in new ones in the end, saves trying to mess about with the relays and whatnot!

CLIO PH1 172
sorry to bring an old thread up.

I will also be relocating my switches to the centre console with after market switches (same as op).

I have worked out what what wires do what

b6950866.jpg

i am just stuck as to how to seperate the loom is there an easy way to trace the cable back, and also were do they go back to ?

im relocating the switches below the heater controls so if i can get the wire back to around this area i can add cable to fit the new switches.

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

if there is an easier way to add the switches can people please tell me. i would much rather just wire in new wires but i dont no were from?

all help appreciated i want to try do this tonight

thanks

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hello mate, you can literally wire straight to the morors.

Look how many wires are coming out of the motors, then you just need an ignition live and a ground

The other wire is just illumination.

I worked this out once with Darren off here, but it took ages.

I'll spend a while figuring it out if you get really stuck.

Sorry, I didn't even really read what you'd written. The best place to take the wires from is in the footwells, where they normally go through the doors. All the wires are there, just splice off what you need. Not too bad to figure out at all.

Adding a bit more again, as I said, all you need to find is the two (I think) wires that actually go to the motor...

All you actually need is the connections to the motor, and then some lives, and an earth. (the last wire is the illumination live for the switch).

I can help you do all this if you want at some point?

CLIO PH1 172
I tackling the wires as I type lol it's a mine field but think I'm getting there lol cheers for the help

I was trying to trace all the wires back but I may just add new cable and be done with it. !

If I get stuck il let u know
Cheers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ignore the drivers window control though, as it's a one touch thingie.

You'll have to wire it up the same as the passenger one.

You need the following wires: (from your 6 pins).

Motor feed 1
Motor feed 2
Ignition live 1
Ignition live 2 (just a split of ignition live 1, doesn't need to be a separate cable)
Earth
Illumination Live

Hope that helps.

This diagram should explain a bit more too:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l93/d-returns/Clio172/pinout.jpg

Clio Mkii
Just want to say thanks for the thread - just to go back to the OP and their list of pins for the switch. It was really helpful but left me scratching my poor head as there are some omissions - which is fair enough.

Just as background - the 1 and 5 pins connect to the motor. And the 3 pins connect to power and switch light.

Which leaves the 2 and 4 pins which connect to earth.

So - when the system is at rest, everything is connected to earth.

And when you press a switch - one of the motor connections is connected to power like so (adding to the OP doc above):

And although on my switch the pins are numbered 1-6 with banks A and B - numbering the pins on both sides 1-5 makes sense as B1 & A6 don't exist.

OFF
1------2
2------1
4------5
5------4

Driver up
1------2
~~~~1-3 (on the same side) ****
4------5
5------4

Driver down
1------3 ****
2------1
4------5
5------4

Pass up
2------1
1------2
~~~~3-5 (on the same side) ****
5------4

Pass down
1------2
2------1
4------5
5------3 ****

Hope the OP successfully completed their project - and has moved on the the next one by now (10 years later).