ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Problem with Side Clip?

clio gone :(
Hello
I've got a replacement window on the Clio and the other day it popped off the runner on the right hand side, it looks like a clip has broken, but one that is actually built in to the window

see this bad pic -
b6exy0.jpg
- you can see the bit of plastic pushing out the seal...

I'm a but nervous about popping it all the way down as the window falls towards the door mirror...

so my question is, do I need a whole new window or can you replace the clip which is built in to the glass?

Thanks!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You could get a spare clip from a breakers or just use the window like normal. Mine fell out the other day. I laughed, popped it back and it's not been a problem since.

ok thanks for your reply!!! i'll give it a go, it looks as if it has completely broken so will have a look around...not sure my local breakers will just give me the clip off the window, they will want me to buy the whole window!!!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You say your local breakers? which one, obviously I'm insanely close to you! best one is GW bridges near gatwick, you go in, take the bit you want, they charge you hardly anything and then you go.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Clio 172
I searched for ages to find a new one of these clips and finally found one on eBay, they're riveted onto the window so you have no option but to buy a new one really

You say your local breakers? which one, obviously I'm insanely close to you! best one is GW bridges near gatwick, you go in, take the bit you want, they charge you hardly anything and then you go.

Let me know if you need a hand.

thanks! there is one in town in a back street that breaks cars...i've had a couple of things off of a clio there...i'll see what they say...

^finally got the clips, one of them worked a treat so have 9 in storage if anyone needs one in the future. PM me on here on meganesport.
Cheers.