ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window problem UCH?

Looking....
Looking for some help with a window problem on my ph2 172

Last night my passenger window stopped working, nothing, dead. Today i checked the fuse and even though it looked fine, replaced it any way, still nothing and there is no clicking from the relay either. Drivers window is working fine.
After searching on here and google i have come to the conclusion that it may be down to a fault with the UCH so my questions are

1) is there anything else i should/could check first
2) can the UCH be repaired
3) any one recomend a company to repair?

As you can tell i am not really clued up on these things so any advice would be greatfully recieved.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Not sure if thats the UCH tbh but if it is BBA Reman can repair them with a life time warranty on them after repair. I sent mine to them but unfortunately it was to far gone for them to repair. So the only option is new from Renault or Second hand kit from a breaker.

Looking....
Cheers mikekean for the reply. Dont really want to be going to Renault as just had the cambelt done so been an expensive month already.

I had a play with the wires from the UCH last night and still the window was dead. For some reason on the drive home i pressed the switch and it worked, tried it a couple of times and worked fine. This morning nothing, just about to leave for work this afternoon and it was back working again???

I am happy to try and get it repaired or even get a second hand ECU, locks, keys ect if it is the UCH but want to be sure thats my problem before i shell out any more money.

Any one got any ideas???

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Door card off the offending door then put a volt meter into the multiplug for the window regulator. Then work the window... do you see a voltage register?

If yes, replace regulator

If no, replace UCH

Looking....
Thanks for the reply Mick

So what you're saying is HOPE there is a reading = cheap fix

No reading = £££

I will have a go at what you suggested on the weekend, if it turns out to be the UCH what would be the best option? Get it repaired, replace with a new unit or second hand ECU, UCH keys ect?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
replaced a few regulators now on clios just done my nearside.

as mick said take the door card off unplug the connector put the earth on the door strap then the positive on one terminal then operate the window up if no reading operate the window down if you get a reading then its faulty check both wires.

its easy to change 6 x 10mm nuts and a clip.

Megane dci 130
Can you? Long time since Iv seen a 172 tbh but most clio 2s have just the drivers side as one touch.