ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WIN 100s of £s worth of Prizes in the Wednesday Waxathon

1.8 Civic EX
The Rules
The winner is the first person to guess the nearest amount by 2pm Thursday (29/11/12) one post per person, per day (that means if you get in now you can have another go tomorrow too) no double posts, and any edited entries will be disqualified. No clues. Winner announced Thursday 3pm

Yesterday, 14:32 279 (2nd guess)

Flol at people still guessing!

Rule readers they are not!

I don't use Facebook, thought it may be announced where ever the competition is running?

All i was getting at is it wasn't clear that they were the only places the announcment was going to be made.

Why would they not update everyone, the competition was so one would assume the results would be also.

or is it just me?

I think you might be missing the point. Gally was refering to people still guessing AFTER the 2pm cut off point. It has nothing to do with where the results were posted....

I hope not. But if it is, it's the users' fault. How can something so simple make people so clueless?!

James@AF - suggest you PM a mod to close this and make a new thread next week. Look forward to it.

Honda & VW
I think you might be missing the point. Gally was refering to people still guessing AFTER the 2pm cut off point. It has nothing to do with where the results were posted....

You are missing a quote, it was this one that provoked my confused response....

This place astounds me. It's announced on DW, Twitter and Facebook. They on lots of forums so I doubt they update everyone.

hence my response of...

Originally Posted by yellowbelly
I don't use Facebook, thought it may be announced where ever the competition is running?

Toby is retarded. As is Luke. In fact this competition should only be open to Kev and I and possibly John182rs.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
this thread still going?

Lets talk about something more interesting, new AF products that James is keeping hush hush about?

Dave you need to detail my car with AF products. I don't have the time (or money currently with buying the house) to do it myself.

ITB BG 182
Any chance there could be a Ask AF thread, for people to ask genuine questions about products other information related to it?

Get some one to monitor it though just to cut out all the spam and crap so its not ruined for others to read.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
Dave you need to detail my car with AF products. I don't have the time (or money currently with buying the house) to do it myself.

Ha, no chance! you can come up and use my products and I'll sit their with the kettle brewing. I've almost got the full range bar lower priced waxes so take your pick.

Any chance there could be a Ask AF thread, for people to ask genuine questions about products other information related to it?

Get some one to monitor it though just to cut out all the spam and crap so its not ruined for others to read.

A good idea to get their trader section started

Will go start something now in our section.

We tend to have a suggestions box, where you can suggest things, products, services or stuff you would like to see us do. and a customer feed back section, where you can openly rate us or slate us - depending on your mood ;)

ITB BG 182
So if the competition is 'live' on here last our odds of winning are hugely decreased.

Even though it dont start till 12 and that i dont fault them for posting on their main place of buisness first. No your chances of winning are the same as anyone else.

It might be 12:00 for detailing world, 12:01 for facebook and 12:02 for here yet the first guess might not be till 12:20....

So join Facebook and DW... ;) I see it as a bit of fun. If I win, great! If not, interesting to see how close I get.

Not a 320d
So if the competition is 'live' on here last our odds of winning are hugely decreased.

LOL.

I dont know what id do if I won the stuff. The only thing I dont own that I want from AF now is Desire. Which they wont be giving away. The rest of it I already own.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I dont know what id do if I won the stuff.

Me neither. I'm afraid it would change me as a person. People would write letters/PM's to me, and even stroll up my driveway expecting charity/freebee's. Indeed, winning the Waxathon may sound like an idealism, but there are only so many detailing products that a human needs in one lifetime.

It's depressing to even think about.

Honda & VW
Guys my comment was not intended as a 'moan' I assure you although looking at it I can see that it comes across as such.
I dont think i should come on here until the afternoon as my brain doesn't function fully until I've had lunch.

I'd be annoyed if we were paying to enter but as its simply a free crack at winning some goodies its all good.

ill be back after lunch with some upbeat comments

Hey Guys

Just seen this, so to put all your minds at ease the competition goes live on all forums, Facebook and Twitter at exactly the same time. So no one gets a head start I simply set them all up and press post, post, post etc.

Clio Toby - There are only 12 pots of Desire left! a picture was posted on our Facebook earlier today :)

Sian :)