ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wilwood Brakes

Clio 172 cup
Hi Guys

I've got the wilwood brake setup on my Clio with the mintex pads in, they feel great with plenty of bite but they make so much noise when braking! They squeak like mad! And it's driving me mental, I've tried all sorts to fix the problem but nothing seems to get rid of the noise.. Now starting to think it's the pad itself.

Just wondering what other people are using and if they have the same problem?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
few things to do that will help eliminate it.
file an edge to the pad.
take off caliper and clean everything including the back of the pad.
Install this kit

I have 406 4 pot brembos with DS2500 pads which are a renound for squeeling but mine are silent after the above.

Clio 172 cup
I've filed the edges down a bit, how far did you go with it ? I bought some mintex anti squeal grease but I didn't get the rubber shims and they still squeal. I'll give that kit a go.

Thanks

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yeah deffo give the kit a go, i did a lot of research and that kit kept coming up. I filed 45 degrees to a depth of 4-5 mm.

Clio 172 cup
I don't really understand the filing bit ? So did you actually file the pad ? I filed the metal back plate if you get me.. I did the top and bottom