ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wilwood 4 Pot Kits for Valvers/Williams

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II
Think/hope so - will have a look later tonight...
I'll upload later to some ftp stuff Yoz is setting up.....

Great pics of you though - monk boy.... :)

Michael

CIMG4855.jpg

:p

Was good to meet you cliokongen - you are a sound bloke :cool: (and you have good taste in women ;) lol)

And fred - this is the best I can do I'm afraid!
CIMG4858.jpg

Williams 2
I think I'm gonna leave it for a bit, cos I really would prefer to get the midlite calipers which are dust sealed, but I've been told that I would need some brackets to be desined and made up in order to use them. I take it that no one has doen this yet and I can't be bothered with that kind of hastle at the mo, so i'll leave it till next year I think, and get some ideas before I part with my money. Matt:D

MattyH16v said:
I think I'm gonna leave it for a bit, cos I really would prefer to get the midlite calipers which are dust sealed, but I've been told that I would need some brackets to be desined and made up in order to use them. I take it that no one has doen this yet and I can't be bothered with that kind of hastle at the mo, so i'll leave it till next year I think, and get some ideas before I part with my money. Matt:D
Lunner was looking at Midlights I think not sure how far he got.

Making the bracket up isn't diffcult any enginerring place or tool room with a good drilling machine can do it all you need are the drawings.

Williams 2
edde said:
Lunner was looking at Midlights I think not sure how far he got.

Making the bracket up isn't diffcult any enginerring place or tool room with a good drilling machine can do it all you need are the drawings.
Yes m8...I was talking to Lunner about this earlier, but he said that he's not got the money to get some yet but was looking into getting the brackets designed. Where I work can definately make the brackets and maybe even design them, but I'd rather get hold of a drawing...or would I have to design them myself?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Think if you get a set up with the midilites offered there will be a few of us after them....

clio williams n0.26
ive just upgraded my brakes, wilwood midilites, brembo max discs and ebc greenstuff padsand changed the brake fluid to castrol super response dot 4, i sourced all the parts myself and had the brackets made up and fitted.

i already had goodridge brake hoses but u will need longer ones. on one side at full lock one of the hoses tugs a bit.if u want to save on cost u can just get one longer hose. i changed both sides to the longer hoses.

i was told i might have to get a slightly larger master cylinder with a bigger bore because the brake fluid will need to be pumped further because of the larger calipers. this was to counteract the fact u might have a spongy pedal.

initial reactions on the drive home from the garage (60 mile trip) was the brakes felt the same as standard but with a very spongy pedal:( .

because everything is new it will take 250-300 miles until they bed in , if not more.

took the car out for a little drive today (30 miles) and they felt much much better:D
more bite and pedal seems to be firming up. im happy but not over the moon just yet.

i cant give much more feedback , but considering the brakes felt a whole lot better today i can only say i think there is a lot more to come from them once they are fully bedded in. ive not done any heavy braking as of yet ill let them settle in first but once ive done a few more miles ill give an update

Williams 2
Nice one m8...keep us posted as to whether they get any better. Just out of interest....how much did that lot set you back in total....and also....who did you get to make the brakets up? Matt:D

clio williams n0.26
midilite calipers + ebc greenstuff pads = £337.23p inc.vat and p&p
brembo max discs (standard size 259mm)= £65.80p inc.vat
castrol super response dot 4 fluid = £14.50 inc.vat and p&p
aeroquip front brake hoses (pair) = £60
brackets machined and fitted incl. parts =£200

all work was done by www.crapconversions.co.uk

Clio f7r Trackcar
im sorry to say im losing interest in this...

may go for a different option unless yozzasport come back to me with a good price quickly...

i currently have fook all brakes left on the track car and need a quick solution.

stew_punk said:
im sorry to say im losing interest in this...

may go for a different option unless yozzasport come back to me with a good price quickly...

i currently have fook all brakes left on the track car and need a quick solution.
FOr a cheap good value option I'd look at new brakes line
£45 or so
£60 for DS2500 pads which are very good ontrack they should be fine)
New bleed nipples seals etc and rebuilt th calipers yourself (i'm looking to a price I'd say £35 for the parts and say 2 hours strip down time).
New disk well any normal disk so £60.
new fluiod fully bled say £30 (you'll waste a load fully bleeding the system).

535d / t5 caravelle
would this wilwood kit be ok on a williams with abs? does this make any differance to it or not?

Lionel Richie
sorry for the delay

The Wilwood kit is priced as follows:

Wilwood Dynalite Caliper 120-6806 x 2
CNC Machined Brackets x 2 (Produced to FIA Specification)
Stainless Steel Brake Lines x 4
Dot 4.1 Fluid
High Tensile Aerospace spec Bolts and Fixings
Wilwood Smart Pads

£475

For Front Brake Hoses only Discount - £20

Delivery = £20

Total - £495

bill said:
would this wilwood kit be ok on a williams with abs? does this make any differance to it or not?
Yep no problem ABS dons't matter.

Kit will fit any nonr RS Mk2 Clio as well.