ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WILLY STEERING PLAYING UP. ANY IDEAS?

2010 focus Rs
I brought my williams and on the way home from buying i noticed steering got very tight as if there was no PAS, then over the last couple of weeks its started making a racket + i pump noise when turning but sounds like its coming from the coloumb area inside?? i then got a brand new pump fitted along with fan belt etc and its changed nothing at all, is there any common faults i could look for?? getting frustrated as that pump and belt wasn't cheap to get done and its got me no where lol, would be great for some help, thanks

Last edited:
  CB600FS
If you've put a column, pump, belt, new fluid in it already - sounds like your rack might be at fault. Get someone to stick there head under the car whilst you work the steering side to side.

2010 focus Rs
no not the column yet just pump and belt atm, erm what am i looking for when i got someone under car while im steering? what kind of noise? could it be a callapsed hose inside?

CB600FS
Teeth in the steering rack could be worn badly, if a bits broken off and jamming in it'll give you a loud grinding noise aswell.

2010 focus Rs
right no grinding noise just mainly a pssss pump sound noise but sounds its coming from behind the dash tho very strange i think i better let reno bend me over :(