ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy oil pressure

RIP Dan

What oil pressure should it be running?

It goes up when i rev it...it seems to run around 4-5 never goes upto 6 but close(when im pushing it).

Stays around 3 when idling

Is this right or is it knackered?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

nothing to worry about there mate.renault guidelines are-

1 bar @ idle

3 bar @ 3000rpm

yours is well above so nice and healthy.

Mine used to go to 6 bar when cold, then level out at about 3 bar when cruising. If revd hard shoot up to 6 bar, then back down. Renault said this was ok. Dont trust the oil gauge on dashboard as mine never gave correct reading.

Clio 182 (05)

Mine spanks its way right round to 6 bar when Im flooring it and the engine hasnt blown up as such yet, so your probably fine!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

your pressure will be a lot higher when cold due to the oil being thicker.forgot to mention that the quoted figures are with the engine at normal operating tempurature.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

mine is at 6 bar untill engine is fully warm then it drops to 3-4, idles at 1, and iv im anything over 4k giving it some its 6bar.

Mr2 Roadster

There is a massive variance wit all members cars as I remember from last time this was asked!

As long as the gauge works to a scale of revs fear not!!!

Drive by your oil light! If it is on, there is a problem!

there is a stated guideline as Jay said, but with everybodys car runing diff grade and qualities, with different temp properties, it can vary alot, even running temps and how hard you drive makes a diff.

When mine is thrased on track, pressure can be as low as 3.5 bar flat out at max rpm and indicated zero at idle.

BUt thats due to temps.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

yes the guidelines are there for normal road use and dont take into account different oils so there will be some variation between what people are getting.really though a healthy engine should have at least oil pressure around or greater than those values no matter what oil is in it under normal driving conditions.