ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Turbo Experience!

White R26/Stripped Valver
I contacted Steve(diamond geezer) taking up his offer for a ride in his williams turbo. As you can imagine I was very excited, driving a valver myself I just couldn't imagine what it was going to be like.

So anyway after finding where Steve lived, took a while (stupid Tomtom), I drove into the driveway and there it was. I got out and was greeted by this rather large bloke (Steve), so no messing around we got straight to it, he turned it on to let it warm up, my ears were filled by a deep and satisfying rumble from the exhaust.

As I took a walk around the car I immediatley noticed the h00ge Wilwood brakes, at this point I began to get nervous lol. We got in and set off, driving normal I thought 'Ahh this aint so bad' and then it happened Steve gave it a little and my head flew back into the head rest and as he let off I was greeted by the lovely chatter from the wastegate. Had an instant smile for pretty much the whole ride, the pull was unbelivable. Never seen a speedo go up so fast lol, the only thing I could compare it to was my uncles Lancia delta intergrale.

As we got to the dual carrageway I was just stunned lol watching the other cars in the left lane going past as if they were parked. And the noise from the wastegate and exhaust together was insane. Gotta say some lovely gear changes and driving by steve, as smooth as a babies! Hightlight was probably the speedo needle dieing out, poor thing was probably exhausted lol. For me it just made my day totally, for anyone whos had the valver/williams experience just times it by 10! Im sure when I got out my seat was imprinted with my body shape lol. He then showed me the impressive engine bay and talked about stuff that I didn't really understand but some great information and tips. Also helped me out with a few of my valver problems, honestly if you need to know anything about these cars hes the man to ask. I then got on the subject of asking if he would sell it, if I could get insured Id have bought it right there and then.

Anyway I definiatley recommend to everyone to have a ride in it, my description doesn't compare to the real thing. I also wanna say a big thanks to Steve for letting me have the honour and also for being a top bloke. Im sure ill be seeing you more often :rasp: lol. Sorry for the essay.

THE END!

Edit: and thats only running 9psi lol

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looks a very nice car from the pics i've seen, just have to take your word for how quick it was! lol