ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams rusty arches wont go away help!!

naples valver

this is a message for daz "forum moderater" or any one else who knows about this. i have a williams 3 and had the rear arches resprayed cos of rust but the rust is coming back so i want the job done proper this time and have the rear arches cut out and new bits of metal welded on how much are u paying for this and where u getting it done mate?

[Pasted from other thread]

Im doing the same. Both sides are rusty - one is bad.. but, only surface rust.. Im having both cut out and redone - best way. One side of mine has been done before.. but, it was a pretty poor job.. so bad, its come back worse than Ive ever seen before, hehe.

Im getting mine done at a place where Mat Brown has his stuff done (and local to me).. As for price, its going to be a bit more than normal as Im having it sprayed right down the A-Pillar too, to avoid any blow-in lines.. I guess you just have to find somewhere who you can see their work, and ask them to quote! Id imagine itd be about the £300 mark tho, to have it done similar to mine! (Excluding new Stickers, tho).

Remember, you will have to get two new stickers too if you have it done properly.. which are £26+vat each or something - I see so many people who mask round the stickers and its obvious its been sprayed then!

Let me know how you get on - mines going in on the 17th.. so Ill get some before and after photos - altho, photos are pretty bad at showing paintwork.

But yea.. get them both cut out, new arch put in and sprayed/sealed. Only way to stop it for sure.. ok, curing surface rust is fine.. but, if the sealent underneath is bad.. itll just rust again as soon as some water gets in!

naples valver

one of my sides had been sprayed before and the other side was pretty bad i had both rear arches sanded done to bare metal and treated with anti rust and resprayed and bout the stickers cost me 50 buck the job looked wicked couldnt tell at all it had been resprayed absolutly well pleased i was but about 3 months down the line i could see it coming back and i know why in side the arches all wet mud gathers and is eating away at the arches from behind when i get the new bits of metal in i wont the design to be different and not have a lip where the dirt can gather. whats the name off the place u are having the work done at and where is it?can i have a contact number for them please cos all the places down here charge a bomb and i dont mind travelling if it will save me money!im based down in croydon area! cheers mate

This place is in Leicester.. so its a pretty long way.

Surely someone knows somewhere around there who can do a good job?

The dirt on the lip isnt a problem - as long as its properly sealed! Any defect and it will let water in and itll just slowly rust!

Mate, I live in the Croydon area too, think I might have seen ur motor around...

Anyways theres this place I know around the Hackbridge area, the blokes work is proper mint, ill find his number and let u know.

naples valver

any way yeah it would be cool if you could give me that contact of the guy in hackbridge but will he cut out the arches and replace with new ones?

Oh right mate, didnt know u if was u or not.

Yeah, I spoke to him before and he said he can cut out the arches, hes done a bit of work for my mate, and its mint.

Ill let u know when I find his number.

Focus ST

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have exactly the same problem on my valver - only it shows badly on a white car and is pissing me off! Can anyone recommend somewhere in the Reading area where I could get this arch cut-out treatment done to a high standard.

[Edited by Lucas on 10 May 2004 at 12:38pm]

Im fussy!