ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Regret

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Its official - I regret selling my Williams.

I did some work on it last night for the chap who now owns it, and seeing it sat there parked up, I for the first time properly regret selling it.

Even tho I know I have somthing a bit special sat in the garage, I really regret selling the Williams - such a fun, good looking little car.

I will be buying another when I have sorted myself out!

Paul

I regret selling most of my cars! the problem is you see your car everyday so it doesnt seem as nice! When every I see a pic of one of my old cars I think it looks far better than when I sold it! The Willie is a bit special - I have to let customers hear it and give them a tour on a regular basis - just had to give someone a tour before I could get off for my lunch!

I really regret selling my 172. So Im going to sell the Williams to get another 172. Then Im going to regret selling the Williams :confused::confused::confused::confused: Bugger.

Dunno what it was, just got a real feeling of regret last night - I swapped a driveshaft on it and then saw it parked up waiting for my mate to collect it from my workshop and just thought that really should still be mine!

How Id love to own a Clio Williams and a Lotus Carlton together - 2 of my dream cars!

Still, loss of job and starting new business up is my num1 priority at the moment.

Paul

Yeah I never want to sell my Williams - it seems pretty much pefect for me. Almost quick enough! Very good MPG! Great size, good looks and cheap insurance (well for me anyway). The only possible downside is the future reliabilty.

Paddy - the lack of ABS and toys is putting me off. Despite all the (tedious) argument about which is .1 seconds quicker than another, there just isnt that much difference between all the 172 models, so I might look at getting a silver low mileage early MK1 as thats what first got me hooked on Clios and Ive always really fancied one. Can pick one up for around £8k so its quite tempting.

Rhys

Yeah 172s have crept down in to that sort of value bracket now.

But nevertheless give me a Williams anyday!