ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams question

1 is the one which is number plaques on dash 400 made 001 is owned by Renault and appears at shows number two is the first right hand drive though 50 registered swiss ones though

2 is much the same as 1 but has phase 2 styling a few badge in different places same in all respects though 440 I think or so made

3 Got ABS and a sunroof same car aprt from that got different looks I think as well different wing mirrors 420 or so made I think.

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
this is gonna start a war im sure... which is the best?? are they all the same performance wise?

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
cool... but the 3 is expected to fetch more money as its newer? or are they all the same price too?? what could i pick one up for??

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
dont you have enough cars you greedy fucker! :p

have a look on trader for prices and availability. with regard to price difference, i dont think there will be too much of a correlation between age and price, i mean the're all at least 10/11 years old now so an extra 1/2 years isnt exactly going to put much on the price, the major factor with them is condition and rust. although i know some ppl prefer the exclusivity of owning a williams 1 due to the numbered plaque.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Williams 2 and 3 had an extra 10 bhp. 140bhp series1, 150bhp series 2 and 3. Series 3 is the most sought after cos of the ABS, and sun roof. Had a LHD mk2 for 8 yrs in the canary islands. Best car/roads/driving fun I've ever had. Got a 172 now, feels overwight and unfit in comparison. If you find one in good nick, buy it! You won't regret it.

Trophy
androb said:
Williams 2 and 3 had an extra 10 bhp. 140bhp series1, 150bhp series 2 and 3. Series 3 is the most sought after cos of the ABS, and sun roof. Had a LHD mk2 for 8 yrs in the canary islands. Best car/roads/driving fun I've ever had. Got a 172 now, feels overwight and unfit in comparison. If you find one in good nick, buy it! You won't regret it.

Hmmm,
I would say wrong on both counts.
They all had exactly the same engine fitted, this means that they get slower through the phases due to weight increases, only minimal though.
Also i would never choose a Williams 3 simply because it has a sunroof and ABS! IMO it's just a 16v shell with the 2L engine fitted.

Mat.

190 BHP Willy 2
I'd never own a 3 like Mat says due to the sunroof and ABS, plus the 432 monaco blue isnt as nice as original 449 sports blue IMO

1's are more sought after as there the original and numbered.

If you want to mod the exterior then get a 3. Engine, suspension mods etc are ok on all williams IMO.

androb said:

Wrong on the first two counts, all had 150bhp and the Willy 1 is usually the most sought after due to the numbered plaque on the dash (and tend to sell for that little bit more). The Willy 2 and 3, though both also limited runs, didnt have the numbered plaque.

Williams 1's I'd say assuming same condition etc are worth more.
I personally prefere the 2's as they don't have the ABS and sunroofs and have bigger wing mirrors.

edde said:
Williams 1's I'd say assuming same condition etc are worth more.
I personally prefere the 2's as they don't have the ABS and sunroofs and have bigger wing mirrors.

The 1's dont have abs or sunroof either, only the 3's.

all the same power.... no.1 is the most sought after and most expensive. The lower the number the bigger the price ;)

1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
Some imported williams 1s have no sunroof but ABS. Like my mates 1. I believe it was an option.

Im getting a 1. Wouldnt buy a 3 coz of the sunroof.

Sorry repost! :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I had two Williams 3's. Loved them both. Opted for the 3 because it was the most recent and I figured the recent versions will have any flaws flattened out. Probably wrong, but still fantastic cars, no matter which one you go for.

The Willy 1 is also a bit more desirable due to the very fact is has no sunroof - this was required for the homologation of the body shell for the rally cars.

Civic Si
yeah but niether did the 2's. altho it was an optional extra.

lets face it, the 1's are more sought after purely because they are the originals and have numbered plaques.

end of discussion!! :rasp:

seanofnp said:
Some imported williams 1s have no sunroof but ABS. Like my mates 1. I believe it was an option.

Im getting a 1. Wouldnt buy a 3 coz of the sunroof.

Sorry repost! :(
I've never heard that are you sure its a real one there enough fakesgoing round the 1's were homogonisiles race cars so didn't have ABS as they had to be like the race cars.

iarno said:
yeah but niether did the 2's. altho it was an optional extra.

lets face it, the 1's are more sought after purely because they are the originals and have numbered plaques.

end of discussion!! :rasp:

amen

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
mines been on axle stands for a week lol but other than the "little" problems ive had its been brilliant love every min. 2's my fave because i want to do alot to mine and dont want to fungineer a willy 1

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
its being sorted 2mro all started when my passenger side spring snaped. no big deal bought some lowering springs. problems started when bolts started snapping.
1. 3 wheel bolts snapped

2. 2 strut bolts snapped

3. didnt have the right tools to lower the rear end got them now

ive just been lazy realy its being done tomorow morning weather permiting. at least people wont have to put up with the rocking chair in the golf and i'll feel alot better about having my girlfriend in the car. shes only been in the williams once since i met her (2 weeks ago) so i can get back to wowing her lol

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
yea lol not to mention its got white wheels at the mo (dont hit me) cuz the speedlines are being referbed