ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams problems

naples valver

i would like to know off what problems other people have had with their williams? so i know what i have to look forward to!i had to recently change my gear box! o the fun!next on the list is to sort out the noisey alternator belt and have a cambelt change! then i am hopefully spending around 4k in an attempt to reach 230bhp!

what problems you lot had?

bout 6k prolly for TBs including labour... or is it more like 8k?

either way, mucho expensiveness. id wait for a bit tho, saw a post on something BenR (get confused with all the Bens, so appologies if its the wrong person!) is in the process of creating/testing which should be quite special.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Seized brake calipers, knackered wheels bearings, clutch, sh*t handbrake, cracked brake disc, wheels not holding pressure and broken alarm. Apart from that its been plain sailing!

brake pads after 3000 miles, new tax disc holder... erm... thats it really. But it does need some paintwork attention, thats been done over summer when its a bit nicer. Oh, had a flat tyre as well, but air fixed that... handbrakes shat as well, but that i can live with.

petrol is the main expense...

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 10 May 2004

bout 6k prolly for TBs including labour... or is it more like 8k?

either way, mucho expensiveness. id wait for a bit tho, saw a post on something BenR (get confused with all the Bens, so appologies if its the wrong person!) is in the process of creating/testing which should be quite special.
TBs wont cost 6K alone unless your using a mighty fancy ECU, and 230bhp isnt possibly really on 4K.

But thanks for te mention!

naples valver

mate same thing happened to me with the wheels keep going flat its to do with the wheels corroding on the inside and air seeps out from the edges my mates works in a tyre place so got it sorted for free just need to take the tyres off and sand down the inside of the rims then seal it!

Ive had to replace two wheel bearings and have the rear callipers serviced since I got mine. Ive also had the wheels refurbished.

Thats pretty much the best you could hope for on a 10 year old hot hatch though IMO! My old 16V had about £5,000 of work over the two years I owned it - mostly labour costs on otherwise inexpensive jobs.

naples valver

what about rusty rear arches? had mine sanded down to bare metal and anti rust stuff put on then resprayed looked proper wicked top notch job but then the rust is starting to come back and i spent 50 buck on the stickers!

cost me 200 for spaying the arches

i want the job done proper now replace the old bits of metal for new shiny bits