ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

williams problems

naples valver

i would like to know off what problems other people have had with their williams? so i know what i have to look forward to!i had to recently change my gear box! o the fun!next on the list is to sort out the noisey alternator belt and have a cambelt change! then i am hopefully spending around 4k in an attempt to reach 230bhp!

what problems u lot had?

TT 225

lol @ Jon :D

Had to get a new box for mine as well. Changed the cambelt/fanbelt, filters, plugs, dizzy etc. Also wheel bearings, brake discs. Think thats been it in the last 2 years... the box was the most expensive thing to go :mad:

williams and trophy

but yeah other than that.

had cam belt done ...for peace of mind more than owt else

broke the coil springs

cat started rattlin so had to relace, then silencer started lol

errrrr

nowt then for 2 years til clutch went at xmas, but box needed sortin too

1 or 2 other minor probs but nowt u dont expect from a 10 year old motor

dodgy electric windows, dodgy alarm, brake pads, my front coil springs are snapped at the mo 2 snapped clutch cables in 5 months, nothin really major tho

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

dodgy alarm! thats about it in 3 months of owning her! shes gonna have her 89k service within this month! so she will be as good as new! i hope!!!

Willy2

rust arch, sagging suspension, still ok tho, N/s bearing and the drive shaft is wearing where the front suspension has given up the ghost, driveshaft gaitor and the water bottle was split.

oh, and my rear arch and round the wiper are startin to rust and the thermometer doesnt light up and the petrol gauge stopped workin for about 4 months but is now workin again lol

New clutch, Front and rear pads, Front discs, Alarm problem, Fronts shocks replaced, Rear Torsion Bars Replaced, Rust, Fuel Leak, Replace CV gaitor,

Aux belt snapped, so had new Head gasket, cam belt, Water Pump, Dissy Cap and arm set, Inlet Valve, Exhaust Valves, Alternator belt....basically a top end rebuild...:(

Andys work was proper mint tho...

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=14&TopicID=76010&SearchPagePosition=1&search=illusion&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=14&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=14&TopicID=76010&SearchPagePosition=1&search=illusion&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=14&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by The_Raiderman on 12 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 12 May 2004

none of above...........except springs.........touch wood
Surprised your not on your 5th gear box Jon the way you drive! lol ;)
lol.............thats wot they were built or mate.............they must like it better than bin pussied about;)

My additions to list (in brief) : Cam seals, oil pumps are sh*te (my mate has broken two of them, in short period!), crankshaft seals, auxilliary shaft (runs the oil pump in early F7 series engines) seal. Clutch seems to last forever though! :cool:

But actually cars in general break all mentioned here and above...