ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams Insurance???

Williams hopefully
anyone know where to find cheap insurance for a williams? i'm 17, 18 in april, and cheapest so far is £4500! anyone been in the same situation?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it will be very hard mate tbh! have you considered a valver as a stop gap inbetween? a valver is a very quick motor for a young'un! ;)

if he';s gonna do it up, then definately get a valver, put a 2litre bottom end on it and you've practically got a williams anyway. as for insurance, my only words are good luck. My insurance on my 1.3 fiesta was £1300 at 18. Nowe i'm 20 I still pay £775 on 1.6 and thats with 2yrs ncb

Not a Clio
try http://www.confused.com if you haven't already, but like seb says... it will be hard. You are trying to get insured on a 2.0 16v 150bhp car when you're very young. There's a reason why most young drivers have 1.2's!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Confused will tell you to bugger off...No chance ur getting a decent quote even frontin the policy...

Elephant/Admiral are your best bets.. they're about the only ones who'd insure me on my Williams at 20 for a decentish price.
Was still way above £100 a month tho for TPFT!

Williams hopefully
looks like the only thing i can do is be additional to my dad, 1500, but i dont get ncb then do i?

Thats a bargin price anyway I was looking at £1.2k at 23.
Definatly get your own policy though many insurance companies are weary of this driving on parents insurance and will invalidate the plicy if you claim whn you crash as you would be the main driver.

you wont get a realistic price as most companies wont touch you unless you are over 21... best off getting a valver as said and putting in a 2.0 bottom end and head. same engine to look at, therefore same insurance ;)
I insured mine at 22 and it was £900ish iirc, with 4 years ncd... got full now so only £400 ish :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Frontin...well...if you can get away with it fine, esp on a williams it's a unique car. If it was amodified car it's alot more likely that ur the main driver so in the case of an accident ur policy would most likely be made void.

I'm Frontin the my dad's garage policy. I'm allowed on it fine, and i'm the main driver, but the car must be std...Jus now it lowered and has turini's < tho there's a grey area over the turini's coz they are renault rims...lol...Fcuk it!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hello mate, i work in insurance, in all honesty you need to wait a couple of years as you can ring about all day and nobody will want to know. 19 and 2yrs bonus is a lot more attractive!

Williams hopefully
k cheers. AJMOTORSPORT you said your on your dads company, my RT is currently under my dads garage insurance, norich union i think, do you which insurance ur with and how much it cost u to get put on?

Monaco 172 2/468
One of the cheapest i've seen for people is Elephant, best you'll get is do your pass plus, stick that down, add on an experienced driver, eg. your mum or dad, preferably with no convictions\accidents. Thats best I did anyway, I am a little older, but doing that knocked £300 off mine too

good luck :approve: