ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams flat out..

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Bloody long road!

Clock touches about 148mph.

Probably about 139/140mph in real time.

ECU rev limit increased helps a bit as well, but very impressive all the same.

Is that yours Martin?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Cant believe how fast it gets from 70 to 100. Very impressive. It also looks very stable as well, mine starts getting all lairy at that sort of speed.

Quote: Originally posted by Djw Dave on 09 July 2005

Thats fast, think it needs some petrol though. lol :D
It always needed petrol. I dont think it ever went anywhere without the light flashing.

I seem to be filling it up all the time.

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 09 July 2005

Cant believe how fast it gets from 70 to 100. Very impressive. It also looks very stable as well, mine starts getting all lairy at that sort of speed.
Yep no problems at those speeds ever over 120 its fine on the race track.

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 09 July 2005

It not diesel edde!;) Maybe you would like this beast...?
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2MSAV76P03DB9343I4SV86GZHAclick
Im typing with only one hand at the moment.

Im so sad though that I have to admit that windows has just asked me if I would like to overwrite the file as Ive already got a copy of it.

Ive just been sorting some stuff out on the car though at the moment the amount of waste weight in there is impressive, you need to bow your head in shame leaving all that weight in there.

Did you see my link out cheap Williams shafts though on the forum might be worth seeing if you can buy them and take the Renault ones back.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

LOL, what you ripped out fella? Already got my driveshafts on so they are staying on ....gonna take my old williams ahem driveshafts back to pick up 20 quid...

PS Ive got tonnes of other vids of the car if you want them edde....

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 09 July 2005

LOL, what you ripped out fella? Already got my driveshafts on so they are staying on ....gonna take my old williams ahem driveshafts back to pick up 20 quid...
Not sure what the bits are and not achually finished yet but there loads of wiring and plugs going nowhere eg foglight wiring which can come out. Looking at all that loose wiring round the aux belt got me all woried thinking what would have happened if it had got stuck.

Lets just hope they dont go measuring them driveshafts.

Humm more vids Id like to see them .

Seeing all these vids though Im just wondering if the car ever didnt hit 7k ever time you drove it.

LY 200

iirc there 7.1 to 60, 20 secs to 100 and top out at 130!!!

Correct me if im wrong though!!!

Is that a valver or willy? The willy I went in last week pulled to 150 quite a bit quicker than that so Im assuming thats standardish or a valver?

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by Wantawilliams on 10 July 2005

Is that a valver or willy? The willy I went in last week pulled to 150 quite a bit quicker than that so Im assuming thats standardish or a valver?
u sure mate?

Its a Williams 2.0

It has (and I suspect it did have at the time of the mods judging my the milage) head work, cams, ITG filter, exhaust manifold changed, straight through decat, powerflow mid box and a 3 inch noisy back box. Its also heavily stripped inside. The 1/4 mile times of the car arnt that far off what some quick standard cars do.

I just read the title :S woops! I assume its standard then or has huuuge wheels?
195/55/15 wheels on standard alloys.

The speedo will be slightly out by about 5% overreading I think.

Well was the video taken uphill then because I got taken out in BigChriss Willified valver and it pulled to 150 considerably faster than that on the video!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

valver LOL! Doubt you see a valver that quick... youre right though the car should be faster for the spec I believe with a meg btm end this car could be mental.

BigChriss valver is a 2.0 though and by all accounts is mint and silly fast. Like Martin says, that Willy would be mental with a new or recon bottom end... and personally Id change the cams for a lower duration, like 260ish... then I think it WILL be the car to beat. imo

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 10 July 2005

BigChriss valver is a 2.0 though and by all accounts is mint and silly fast. Like Martin says, that Willy would be mental with a new or recon bottom end... and personally Id change the cams for a lower duration, like 260ish... then I think it WILL be the car to beat. imo
Is there any reason why his should be so quick? Chriss I mean?

Is there any reason why his should be so quick? Chriss I mean?
Could just be a good engine with good sealing pistons which hasnt been reved to death all the time. Some engines just are better ven with new 172 engines its the same Chris is a quick one faster than any other 172 I think same with Yozzas old engine it was a quick one.

A megan/ rebuilt bottom end is on the cards for the car some time, probably when the cam belt is changed (at this rate its looking next year when I get a garage) also manual rack.

Looking at the power curve for the car the cams (I take it there 270 ones) only relay push over 5k the 7.2k limiter has no effect power looks like it would just continue to rise. I might think about swopping to 260 degree cams will have to have a talk to people about it.

well only reason I think 260 cams is due to the low reving nature of the engine, besides, the cars all running the silly quick times are on 260s. not sure on the megane bottom end either, there not necessarily faster, i think it just depends if your lucky imo. northys bro Andy has one seriously fast williams by all accounts, wasnt too far of 2 lives and its std... so should easy run low to mid 14s :eek:

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Andys was very similar in performance to monkeys on the last meet so quick but not 2live quick...lol

well only reason I think 260 cams is due to the low reving nature of the engine, besides, the cars all running the silly quick times are on 260s. not sure on the megane bottom end either, there not necessarily faster, i think it just depends if your lucky imo. northys bro Andy has one seriously fast williams by all accounts, wasnt too far of 2 lives and its std... so should easy run low to mid 14s :eek:
Yep I think Id have to test a few engines compression ratio and find a good one or buy one at random rebuilt it completly and then swop bottom ends.

The car should make more power than it does even its 1/4 mile time prove that but since its got all the top end stuff it needs, seems like it just needs the bottom end fixing now.

Then again just been out to fill up with fuel hadnt driven it for a few weeks and blimy it shifts even if it is worn.

German Barge

Just read this topic

I have always been told i have had a strong engine, even before it was put in. As it was Rajks old engine. When Andy @ GDI did my conversion, he also commented on it being a good engine.

Like has been said in this topic, i think the engines vary. I guess im lucky with the block i chose, and obviously the little modification has complimented it well. It does pull well...

how does monkeys go like now then with he cams, as 2 live said Andys wasnt too far off his on the FCS blasts :eek:.

Edde, you should be okay with most engines to be honest, as long as it has history. The Megane ones just tend to be lower miled.

Polo GTi

Andys was a quick as mine, his standard + Decat mine has cams + decat, mine was definatly running slow that day when we had a comparison, think it might be due to my car now being in the garage for a new gearbox and clutch hehe. Will be good to have a rematch when I get the box/clutch