ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams coolant

Do Williams take special coolant? If so what kind? If so is it ok to top up with normal coolant in emergencies? Someone told me they take a special coolant.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

wasnt the coolant limited edition with a wider bottle and uprated gold cap?

pretty hard to obtain now

yep quite correct tom, if IRC it was a special order pack which included all the oils,coolants & brake fluid...........also had a gold plated trim & limited edition plaque....... part no: 1madumbtw4t 449 (willy fluid pack)

not as silly as it first seems!

see the post in general section by Ben H about dealers and read from a ex-Renualt employee say why the F7 series engine pop head gaskets, aparently its not the large heat/pressure its simply down to wrong coolant and incorrect bleeding of the system!! I was suprised to say the least, so much so that i have emailed him asking.

ill keep you posted with an answers.

But i tell you this now - no way am i buying coolant (see antifereeze) from Renault!!

untill yesterday i would have lent my support 100% to the "Coolant is Coolant" campain but this has brought my belief into question

i will post his reply (he might just be a valeter for all i know) no offence to valeters!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Stick to genuine renault. Its cheap as anywhere else. Thats what just been put in mine.

Henry, there is a specific bleeding teqnique but its not hard at all. And using teh correct coolant prevent corrosion mostly. INfact on of the coolants come pre rust coloured so you cant see the rust lol!

Renault have so many damn types of coolant.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the only renault coolant you can now buy is type d.the type c was discontinued because it used to corrode the inside of your engine.stick to the gen renault coolant some of the cheaper brands can corrode the inside of your engine as well(eats away at your core plugs etc)

so whats is the special method of bleeding? Unlikley that its my tried and tested "pull the bottom hose off the rad and stick the hose pipe in there"?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

fill it up and open the radiator and engine hoses bleed screws. bleed it through and then tighten them back up.run the engine until it starts getting hot with the exspansion tank cap off.this allows any air to escape.put the cap on and run it up to temp making sure the radiator fan works.