ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams clutch

The clutch of my high milage williams seems a bit harsh. In low gears when i change up, i lift my foot slowly off the clutch pedal and the clutch engages in a pretty violent manner (ie it seems to jolt on). The best way to describe it is when your watching a race car from on board and the driver changes you see a violent jolt of the car as the clutch engages almost like the clutch is a switch (ie not progressive). Any idea why this is. I cant remember it on 0002. No other symptoms ans it does allow pretty quick changes.

My valva does EXACTLY the same thing mate - my gear changes certainly arent smooth i can tell ya. Really jolts through frist and second and the clutch is really stiff!!!! Doesnt seem to be doing any damage though and u re certainly right about the gear changes - it comes as a real shock how quickly you can do it! Lets hope we dont break down eh?!

Its just that the cable is being put under a lot of strain over the years. Its not on its way out, just a bit tired, bit of grease a loosening from behined the pedal should fix it right up. Im doing mine this wkend.