ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will twingo rs calipers fit on my 182 hubs?

Black Clio GT
disks are the same size (280mm)
pad shape is the same as a 172/182

thus making it the same set up, so answer to your question is yes......

Black Clio GT
i would double check the mounting points on the carrier to caliper as knowing renault there will be small differences...

RS 182 CUP
I'm positive I've seen brembos on a twingo, il just av to nip down to the Renault dealership n pretend I'm interested in buying one!

Black Clio GT
rs twingos deffo dont run 4 pots as standard.

the only way you could get them to fit is to run a custom carrier, speak to fred@btm, he was looking into developing a kit for the mk2 clio a while back!!!

Da

Less
As Mat says, the 133 runs the same setup as the 172/182 as far as I'm aware. Only the 197/200, V6 and RS Meganes have Brembo's.

RS 182 CUP
My 182 defo needs better stoppers, got drilled n grooved discs n green stuff pads, but theyre still lacking

Da

Less
Upgrade the lines and change the fluid. Will make alot of difference without resorting to 4-pots.

Black Clio GT
green stuffs is your problem, there crap!!

brembo hc front discs, standard rears and ferodo ds2500 pads all round with some performance lines/fluid will see you right!!

RS 182 CUP
Had tarox pads before n they were shocking, just stick to the lines n fluid for the mo n see what differance that makes

Da

Less
Standard pads would be better than Green Stuff.

Oh and just to clarify, a 133 minus it's wheel...

DSC03073.jpg

No Brembo's.

Inferno 182 CUP
Twingos dont have 4 pots lol!

I have a Twingo..

It has laguna pads (1.5DCI) and 182/72 discs. 280mm.

I spent months looking to upgrade them and spent alot of money so yes i know that for a fact

182 pads WILL NOT fit

Skoda fabia Vrs
i can deffo confirm as i have a twingo lol. brakes are off a 172/182 hub. Also use the same brakes on standard meganes and lagunas now too.

Inferno 182 CUP
It's 182 disc and laguna caliper as i just said. I've spent months playing with them and lots of money so I know what they are.

But they are not!!! 172/182 calipers

Skoda fabia Vrs
wasn't very clear with what i said. discs are clio 172/182 and calipers are new laguna or megane aint they? sorry lol

Skoda fabia Vrs
Bit of technical info from renaultsport site.

17" 133 Cup alloy: 10.4kg each
205/40/17 Toyo R888 tyre: 8.5kg each

Megane II brake disks (280mm diameter vented fronts, 240mm diameter rears)
Laguna front callipers (57mm)
Megane II rear callipers (34mm)