ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will my car fail its MOT ?

2003 clio 172
Got my MOT booked for friday and on the way home from work tonight driving behind a lorry and got a stone chip in the windscreen. ive got no time to get it sorted ! is this goin to fail the MOT ?

Volvo S60 T5
get it repaired before it cracks, they dont take long to do.
Usual cost is around £30-£50 if your insurance wont cover it.

DCi 100
I easily found a guide online through a quick google, from what I can remember it needs to be less that 1cm large in a certain area infront of the driver, and 4cm where else on the screen :)

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Any chip in the swept area of the wipers that is directly in front of the driver (about 300mm width right infront of you) larger than 10mm diameter or a lot of small chips that together restrict your view but on their own aren't over 10mm diameter is a fail. Anything larger than 40mm diameter anywhere else in the swept area is a fail.

So if it's just a little chip, it should be fine wherever it is on the windscreen. If it's right infront of you when you're driving, better measure it to make sure it's under 10mm.