ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will an rstuner...

Clio 172 Cup
get rid of the warning light on my dash for the decat ive put in?
It will be on the old style rst that ill be flashing a map to the 172 cup with.

Its probably a stupid question but its a monday and my brains not awake.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Might clear the fault but probably come back on every so often - not 100% my brain isn't awake yet either ;)

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
It should do but if you only want it for that Ive got a £20 obd code reader from ebay to do mine i just keep it in the glove box

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
To stop it coming back on, just leave the sensor plugged in but not fitted in the exhaust, this way it will see fresh air and will think the cat is still working.

172/1.2/E30
They are heated, yes. But they won't get that hot. You don't need to put it in a bag aswell, just tie it to the underbody.

Clio 172 Cup
thanks for the replies folk, i have a usb obd reader that i use to clear the code when it comes on, always comes back on 100 miles after i turned it off, i just got an rst on its way to me i thought it might get rid of it with a new map, but the 2nd sensors more about cat efficiency ... should have thought about this more lol
Just ordered a sensor thingy that you screw between the sensor and the car so it takes its readings not directly from the exhaust flow so fools it into thinking there is a cat and its working. All this probably sounds better in my head right now.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Light won't go off when you take it out the decay as the fault code is already logged but if you get it turned off it will then stay off.