ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will 205/50-15 R888's fit on a 172 running Speedline 2118's

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Wheels are ET38.

I have LOTS of Toyo 888's in 205/50-15 as I use this size on the front on the Westy...

and wanted to use them on my Clio.

car is pretty low and on coilovers.

any reason why I cant do this?

172 ph1
I'm having some rubbing issues with some 205/50 15 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, so I'd imagine you could run into the same issues as well

lift number 1 @ btm
i prefer the 205's to be honest. I find the car less snappy and more neutral, but that's most likely more to do with the extra flex.
As a side note i was running a set of et37 wheels for a bit and even 195 50's rubbed on the rear.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Just bought a set of Speedlines in ET43 from Speedline. They were last anthracites in stock. Arrive thursday

If the tyres rub... its your fault ;)

I am on AST coilovers. Car is pretty low. but not silly.

lift number 1 @ btm
you'll be fine with the 43's. I've run proper rally tyres without any problems.

If you need to find a home for one of those 888's my front left isn't looking too happy. ;)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
The 205 R888's are all in supersoft compound, don't think you guys will be that happy with the wear rates compared with the normal ones to be honest!

I only have 16 brand new left now anyway. so I suppose thats not exactly lots anyway!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not sure what et cup 15" f1's are but running those with 205's I wore some of the rear arch lining away..

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
thanks Jamie. Just the plastic thing yes?

did you notice alot more grip? or not really?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
wow... that 5mm difference in offset is SOOO noticable. Clio looks ALOT less 'fat' with the new ET 43 'Palmersport' spec 2118's on!!!!

much prefer the look of the ET38's!!!!

Lionel Richie
we ran ET38 with 205/50 15's with a wider rear track, no scrubbing problems, but then we had no arch liners and a lot of camber ;)