ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will 195 tyres fit my car?

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
Hi there,

I'm wanting to buy some alloys but the tyres which are included are 195/50/15. Will these fit on my non-sport Clip without rubbing? I've read people say they do rub and other say they don't.

The new wheel width would be 6.5J with an offset of 35.

Thanks.

Cup In bits
They will fit no problem what so ever, if your going stupid low you might get some rubbing. Make sure the wheels are 4x100 pcd and 60.1mm centre bore size too.

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
That's great, thanks for your reply. Can the centre bore on the wheels be lower than 60.1 as long as I also buy spigot rings?

Cup In bits
No it can be bigger and then you use spigot rings, smaller than 60.1mm and you will need them machined.

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
I contacted the seller about the alloys and they told me the centre bore is 57.1. Does this mean that they wont fit at all? My friend is telling me I can purchase spigot rings which will reduce my car to 57.1. I'm really confused about this at the moment.

WRX
No, they will need machining as the holes in the wheels aren't big enough. Spigot rings are used to reduce the hole in the wheels. Yours would need to be made bigger, not smaller i.e. a spigot ring could be used on your car if the wheel's hole was for example,70 to reduce to 60.1.
It would be like trying to stick your thumb up your nostril how it is at the moment.

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
Is it safe to machine the wheels as I thought this would put more strain on them? How much would I be looking at to get a firm to machine them?

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
Hmmm, I've just come across the exact same alloys but these ones have a bore of 73.1 (so they fit with spigot rings, I'm starting to get the hang of this). However, would these fit with a 195 tyre, 6.5J rim width but the offset is 42. Would the offset be too close to the car or would this still be fine?